Interesting markings

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
scottie

Interesting markings

Post by scottie »

Hi all

I was taking apart the last allwin I picked up on ebay, yesterday and saw this....
I have seen lots of numbers and names ( always wondered if these name were the owner/operator ) usuall in pencil on the cabinet and the back of the games but never seen LONDON stamped on any game.... just thought it was cool.

Scottie
Attachments
20161121_092235a.jpg
20161121_092240a.jpg
john t peterson

Re: Interesting markings

Post by john t peterson »

Scottie,

I love seeing strange stuff like this. It adds to the charm of the piece as well as tells a story. Manufacture of these machines was a cottage industry to a large degree. The manufacturers used what they had at hand. During tough times (war being an extreme example) wood from other sources was re-purposed. I think your picture is an example of this. Below is a picture of the inside of the case of my Hod Cod which also shows remnants of a previous use.

All the more charming and proof that these historical treasures deserve preservation.

J Peterson
slightly charming in America
Attachments
IMG_1825a.jpg
scottie

Re: Interesting markings

Post by scottie »

hi John
yes i agree,i was also working on my "win-a-cig" and on the back of the door is the name, H Barron....wow im sure he could tell stories from back in the days when the game was in use

scottie