Jubilee Mk12 Poker

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
coppinpr

Jubilee Mk12 Poker

Post by coppinpr »

Saw this really nice machine come up for sale today. Just a little too expensive at £700? The pay out screen is nice with the name and address of the Nutt & Muddle company.
Attachments
jubulee poker payout card.JPG
jubilee poker mk12.JPG
treefrog

Re: Jubilee Mk12 Poker

Post by treefrog »

Not sure it is a mk12, but I posted this one about 5 years ago, was for sale by the ex Michael Jordan collection from Margate....the seller removed early obviously based on a bid maybe from the current seller in Durham... I think it was listed at 100 quid.

Obviously a Aussie spec machine, but looks like it was converted to 10p and has a false display jackpot.

Now I won't be forking out lots of dosh for this Aussie machine, not that much of a fan of Jubilees.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1694&p=14598#p14598
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I agree with TF about this not being a mk 12. I am pretty sure Jubilee Mk 12, as its name suggests, is a lot later and is the model converted to themed machines by professional restorers using Star Wars & other graphics to reposition them to niche buyers.

GP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I agree this machine looks too early to have a MK 12 name and, I guess, is the forerunner of the mk12 poker. This "official"? description I found online
Description
Poker machine, electro-mechanical, 'Jubilee Mk.12', made by Nutt & Muddle & Sons Pty Ltd, Australia, 1970-1980

A four-reel electro-mechanical poker machine. The front of the machine is constructed of chromed steel with acrylic inserts screen-printed with score cards and logos. The lower fascia has title 'NM $uper Four-Tune'. A steel pay-out tray is at lower front with 'Jubilee Mk 12' embossed. A coin receptacle for 20 cent coins is at upper right. A hinged 'Reserved' flap is attached.

The case is constructed of particle board with a wood grain laminate. A black plastic sphere grip with chrome shaft is at the right-hand side of the case.
Registration number
2008/72/1
Production date
1970 - 1980
Height
1000 mm
Width
510 mm
Depth
530 mm
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I think we have always talked of this as a Mk1 variant, of which there are loads, like the Silver Jubilee etc.... The later plastic fronted one normally called the MkII.

The only problem, there certainly was an earlier flat fronted version like the yellow one below with the large cast coin tray. I think I bought this one from the Elephant some time back, so what Mk was this? !PUZZLED!

Also pictured below is the Mk12 modern machine mentioned and a common MkII.
Attachments
IMG_0310.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG
IMG_0308.JPG
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Here is an early Jubilee machine from the late 40's, obviously copied from the Mills variants. Nutt and Muddle were one of the first manufacturers of slot machines in Aus, before ainsworth and apex.

Mr PM in a thread a long time ago you said you had copied loads of pictures of old Aussie machines, let's see them !!THUMBSX2!! **xXx**
Attachments
IMG_0311.JPG
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Ah yes, I was collecting material for an Arena article on the subject. That was many computers ago. I shall have to rummage through the old hard-drives. !!JUNK!!

Edit: now in the Arena: Pokies From Down Under