General vintage slot machine related topics.
bryans fan

Re: Temple’s Penny Arcade Trailer Project

Postby bryans fan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:55 pm

It looks absolutely fantastic! What a superb project, you must be very proud of your hard work. The Artwork looks amazing.
I do hope that it proves to be a success, it should be a real head turner and draw the punters in. CoNgRaTs CoNgRaTs CoNgRaTs

pauljt71

Postby pauljt71 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:58 pm

So here is the last photo showing the project journey from start to finish in 7 months. All dreams are possible, even with a lockdown!

Thank you to everyone that has been involved, given advice, come to see it and offered their friendship along the way.

Now the hunt continues for more exciting machines and projects 😀
DFB2BE7E-CC3C-4467-AC97-1A7F4B7F7057a.jpg

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:40 pm

Absolutely superb Paul, do you know which machine was the most popular with the punters?
Hope this project continues and is a success for you.
. !!THUMBSX2!!

pauljt71

Postby pauljt71 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:51 pm

Thanks 😀

The Octopus took the most coins, followed by the Mills bandits. The Pilwin was more popular than the Elevenses. It’s all very interesting really. It depends on the position of the machines. Also had multiple jams throughout the weekend caused by people putting new pennies in the slots or more than one penny at a time. 🤪 One even managed to work its way down to the payout slides and jam the hi top.

I will probably sell on the Brenner Past the Arrow. A beautiful machine with a clever mechanism, perfect for the collection, however the average punter does not seem to understand how it works.

Certainly kept me busy, can’t imagine what coping with 20 plus machines would be like!

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:44 pm

I couldn't tell which version of the Brenner Arrow you have (the payout cup looks non-standard). On early versions, the player pulls the trigger once to set the arrow and again to release and fire the ball, but the later games were improved so that only one pull of the trigger was required.

pauljt71

Postby pauljt71 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:36 pm

This is the early version, first flick releases ball and sets arrow odds, second flick plays ball. The payout cup has been altered at some time. It’s a great machine to play but not from a commercial perspective, I spent all day explaining how it works! Think I will move it on for something easier to manage.

moonriver

Postby moonriver » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:52 pm

pauljt71 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:51 pm
Thanks 😀

The Octopus took the most coins, followed by the Mills bandits. The Pilwin was more popular than the Elevenses. It’s all very interesting really. It depends on the position of the machines. Also had multiple jams throughout the weekend caused by people putting new pennies in the slots or more than one penny at a time. 🤪 One even managed to work its way down to the payout slides and jam the hi top.

I will probably sell on the Brenner Past the Arrow. A beautiful machine with a clever mechanism, perfect for the collection, however the average punter does not seem to understand how it works.

Certainly kept me busy, can’t imagine what coping with 20 plus machines would be like!
Its interesting to hear your feedback, and which machines performed the best. In an average arcade there are certain machines that are 'sponges' and soak up coins from repeat multi play, such as Tip-the-Skittle type games that require a speculate to accumulate approach, the same as pushers. To balance the overall look and provide a nice interesting mix there will always be those machines that don't perform as well, but look great, and it's a fine balance to achieve.
Good idea to thin out your machines that don't play well and swap them over for those that do.
You're right, you can move exactly the same machine to a different position and it will perform better.
As far as getting smaller coins jamming, make sure all your coin entry slides have rejects fitted that flick out anything that isn't an old penny.

brigham

Postby brigham » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:17 am

A very impressive display indeed, especially with the nice sunny day.
The artwork is astonishing; it wouldn't be out of place on ANY showfield.
For me, the music was loud and intrusive, but that's typical of fairgrounds since the panatrope was introduced. Organs were loud, and often off-tune, but they never seemed obtrusive.
Don't Mills High Tops look tiny, out in the open air? I was amazed.
You'll certainly need more machines, in time. It's fundamental to the hobby! Managing twenty will come naturally; all you need is a long key-chain and a bus conductor's satchel.
It's a shame you need to take the punters' preferences into consideration. I'd love to have a stall like yours with eight Little Stockbrokers on offer. Or perhaps six, and two Bradley Challengers.
A superb effort, and in so short a time, too. My congratulations.

pauljt71

Postby pauljt71 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback Brigham, nice to meet you.