Your-such-a-slot

Tell us a bit about yourself.
your-such-a-slot

Your-such-a-slot

Post by your-such-a-slot »

Hi guys,
I have had a passion for Mills High tops. I came across these in a pub on the Isle of Wight.
I don't have a machine yet. I have followed a few on ebay but not yet hit the button - lack of knowledge stops me.

Like the one on there at the moment for 750. Seems expensive to me but it says it's all original. A couple of months ago there were a couple on there for 500.
I need some help to get me the right machine.

The 777 Fifty Cent Mills High Top that's in the USA for sale at $3900 IS CALLING ME but way out of my depth on that one.

I look forward to your comments and advice.
coppinpr

Re: Your-such-a-slot

Post by coppinpr »

Hi and welcome to the best slot forum in the world. Im a bandit man myself and have a couple of hi tops in my collection.
A hi top is a good machine to start with,although aristos are the most indestructable. Prices of hi tops have increased a bit of late but they hold their price well. Before you buy research them a little so you know which hi top your looking at. These will almost certainly be all original although many parts may have been replaced over the years. Idealy you would look for one with an original escalator and with a jackpot unit but niether is essential . These machines are pretty much bomb proof and can always be repaired if they break down. There may well be some in sundays elephant house auction and in novembers coventry auction. We on this site will always help you with repairs and service,its what we do here. Get to know the various models, take a look at our site at www.penny-arcade.info on the mills pages[*]
brigham

Post by brigham »

You could try the SEGA versions: they don't bring as much, but are similar mechanically.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

brigham wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:47 pm You could try the SEGA versions: they don't bring as much, but are similar mechanically.
........ and were often made better!