Auction & Market Open for Business

A message to you...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Auction & Market Open for Business

Post by badpenny »

At the moment no fees to pay, so make use of it.

Stuart has placed a very nice, possibly unique to UK, machine at a stupidly low price.
Can't imagine where he got it from! !PUZZLED!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Auction & Market Open for Business

Post by badpenny »

About a month or so ago I started getting PMs from three members of this forum asking if I had anything for sale.
I have two items in Coventry for which I can't provide photos until I get back there.
I ended up with three people all in differing stages of .....
Yes to one.
Yes to both.
Sorry I can't now manage the date we agreed, please keep it/them for me.
I do need to see photos but expect I'll want it or perhaps even them.

Now I accept this confusing situation is totally my fault for not managing the situation so first apologies to you all, you know who you are.
I see a potential here for being unfair or disappointing someone, so as The Market is now up and running on Pennymachines and my reputation is important I'm now going to move them from Coventry so I can fully check them over, stop guessing at their condition, take photos and put them on The Market.
That way it's an even playing field and no one feels pushed into buying something without photos, or persuaded to buy two when they only want one after driving over a hundred miles. I know I wouldn't want to be in that position myself so that's what I'm doing.

I can't get to Coventry for at least a fortnight.
Apologies if I'm disappointing anyone but I don't want to fall out with anyone so I'd rather be fair to everyone.

:cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It's fantastic to see the market element of this forum being used and also prices being stated instead of being left blank in the faint hope that an interested party will pop up and throw a shed load of cash at it.

I have now successfully sold a couple of machines and a few never to be repeated, highly collectable bits of junk.

I word of advice though, when I see something of potential interest for sale, what can often be a clincher for me is where it's situated and the options for collecting, delivery or couriering.

So give us a clue as to where, what and how is involved in order for us to get our dribble stained mitts on it.

Rule number two of selling = Make it easier for your buyer to say Yes then No

Badpenny
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Also, as Tree-Frog has pointed out - when using the Market Q&A to communicate with buyers or sellers, your messages are displayed on site, so it's probably not the place to exchange home address details.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm bumping this topic to remind everyone posts asking for machines or parts should be placed in The Market the same as machines or parts for sale.

Thanks

Badpenny