Lost posts, site down etc.

A message to you...
pennymachines
Site Admin

Lost posts, site down etc.

Post by pennymachines »

Following the recent Where are my posts? complaint, which turned out to be an error on our side, both mods and users have reported posts going astray. This is a separate issue and I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. If you have experienced this, it would be helpful if you would report it here.
In particular, I'd like to know whether the post appeared online but then disappeared or just failed to appear.

I noticed earlier today, the website was inaccessible. This was caused by the host servers experiencing massive denial-of-service attacks. To counteract this, two new name servers have been added which should help resolve this issue over the next 48 hours. It seems likely that this may also have caused the failed postings.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Lost posts, site down etc.

Post by badpenny »

I posted mine but didn't wait to see it before moving off, so I can't say for sure if it ever arrived.

All ironic really when I have to put my hand up and admit I was responsible for CG's post going awry, for which I apologise.
My explanation being I was attempting something clever when old age suddenly struck.

I guess Karma got its own back.
I hope I've paid for my clumsiness now as I'm about to go out and replace a light bulb in my Fiat van and would really like to avoid ending up with the engine out or the vehicle on its roof.

BP :-(