Nestle Win a Choc

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
polaris

Re: Nestle Win a Choc

Post by polaris »

Hi,
I need some advice yet again. Resto well under way and cabinet almost complete, thanks to some expert advice from JOHN (highfield) who sent me very detailed instructions for refurb of the wood. Just had a thought whilst looking through pictures I saved that I might still fashion a new backboard and it struck me !!IDEA!! that it may be easier than I first imagined. Bearing in mind that this is all relatively new to me and I may be talking nonsense but are all these channels on backboard required? Is it possible that I can do away with channels A and B, as it appears that they do nothing? Is it possible that these backboards were !PUZZLED! used on a variety of different machines with different functions?
006.JPG

Not the clearest photos, but here's some more - may help.
005.JPG

007.JPG

pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Channel B is the free ball option (operator selectable). Without that, the little gate above it has no purpose.

I still favour BP's suggestion - keep the original backboard. Sure, all those rusty snapped off screw ends are a bind, but not an insurmountable problem. I've worked with far worse and would only replace the backboard if worm and/or rot had destroyed the integrity of the wood. I think I've only done this once, on a Wonders Diggins, where essentially all that remained was metalwork, dangling from a fragment of black mouldy organic matter.
highfield

Post by highfield »

Hi Polaris

I agree with pennymachines. Don't make a new backboard just because of the screws.

I had to make a new one for my Penguin because it was riddled with old woodworm holes even through the backflash.

If you do make a new on its quite easy if you have access to a jigsaw type saw machine.
If you have, its relatively easy as long as you use the old board to transfer holes, screws etc acurately .

John
!!COOEE!!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

By the way, channel A is for the lost balls to pass back to the coin release mech, so definitely needed!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

...Except on a Win-A-Sweet/Choc allwin channel A is redundant because you only lose if the ball misses the gallery and drops to the hole at the bottom, just above channel C.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Thanks PM - forgot to look at the original photos again.
polaris

Post by polaris »

heres pics of cabinet john almost done. thanks for sound advice turned out great
Attachments
004.JPG
003.JPG
highfield

Post by highfield »

Hi Billy

What a brilliant job you've done. You can really see quality of the wood

Can't wait to see it finished

John
!THUMBS!
polaris

Post by polaris »

can anyone enlighten me as to the purpose of this lever, is it needed.? gave up trying to remove screws absolute nightmare so here is new backboard minus the channels I don't think are necessary. not for the purists but will look good all the same with door closed
Attachments
008.JPG
005.JPG
polaris

Post by polaris »

looks like it would hold the ball back but for what reason !PUZZLED!
JC

Post by JC »

It prevents the ball returning to play until the payout knob has been fully turned and a penny paid out.
By the way, case looks really good. !THUMBS!

Jerry
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Ha Ha Jerry - Snap! Your post pipped mine.
pennymachines wrote:It prevents the ball returning to the playfield or to the ball release mechanism until the player lets go of the payout handle. Therefore, a ball cannot be in play while the penny slide is in the open position in the coin hopper.
But can you explain to me why this is necessary given that the handle return spring will ensure the penny will be paid as soon as the player lets go?
JC

Post by JC »

Ah, but you're forgetting the ratchet. The return spring won't operate if the ratchet is on its last notch. Actually, we're both missing a point here. The machine in question is a Win a Sweetie, so not only will it not pay out a penny, generally there is no ball return either.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

JC wrote:...a Win a Sweetie... generally there is no ball return...
Spoken like a true operator. ;-)
polaris

Post by polaris »

Decided to get my finger out my @@@@ and crack on with resto. I'm ashamed to say it's been almost a year since I started. :woops: I have to say many thanks to clown catcher for the artwork in Resources. I got it printed and laminated and it turned out great. There's not an awful lot left to do so hopefully I'll finish soon.
Attachments
003.JPG
002.JPG
highfield

Post by highfield »

Looks fantastic Billy
**xXx**
John