Jubilee 3 reel bundle problem

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
operator bell

Re: Jubilee 3 reel bundle problem

Post by operator bell »

You can see where the fingers fall from the grease tracks on the disk. I marked the tracks - as you can see there's an orange hole either side of the concord hole, matching the #1 reel strip. For some reason, three concords also matches two cherries! It won't make any difference to the payout because the 2-4 slides go anyway.

tracks.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

What did I get wrong with disc Paul? :!?!: .... it is one of the bigger words in my vocabulary I admit.

As for the theme of the machine and how it's spelt .....
concorde.jpg
concorde.jpg (8.74 KiB) Viewed 3683 times

raj

Post by raj »

I think we have made a bit of a mountain out of this post. If I remember far enough back, the isssue was 1 cherry pays as 2. Either the the reel axle rod is clamped up too tight, forcing the reel bundle too close to the payout levers, or the vertical cherry arm has been bent to overcome some other problem. The rest is just a bit too much information, in my view.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I remember you wisely suggesting the axle of the bundle having too much play allowing the fingers to travel too far.
Has that been ruled out?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As for the theme of the machine and how it's spelt
After a production delay of almost 4 weeks British aerospace caved in and agreed to add the "E" to the name that had been agreed over a year before. I, however, never agree with the French on principle. As for "Disc" ... I was only kidding :D

Raj,
I'm not quite sure myself but I THINK we have moved on to a new problem as it seems the reel strips are indeed loose on the reels.
greg1

Post by greg1 »

Please guys don't fall out (unless you can supply pictures). You have all helped me get a little closer to solving my problem, thanks.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If three Concordes anywhere in the window pays 10, then ensuring the reels are in the right order is easy.
On each of the payout reels each Concorde will match a slot for below another for being on line and a third for above the line.

So look for three slots in succession on each disc, line them up against the correct finger and the middle one will be Concorde on the line.

Then look at the window and move the symbols to reflect what the discs are indicating.

BP
ps ... we're not falling out, we each sit at the same table for dinner at the Home For The Confused in Great Chatteringtons-in-the-Marsh. Coppin criticises the sausages and Raj eats all the slices of gravy whilst I scratch my meat and two veg.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

BP's meat and two veg is only child's portion.
greg1

Post by greg1 »

I've not had much time this weekend. I have taken three pictures on jackpot payout. Working from left to right, finger 1 to 6, 1 is paying out Concords in any position, and 2 is the jackpot payout. This triggers the payout slides plus one of the two jackpot tubes, but if you look at picture 2, the 6 finger is over the cherry payout hole but not engaging. Picture 3 shows the lower finger slide preventing this. Is this what should happen? I have left the reel strips loose so I can adjust them but, before I secure them, I need to know if this sequence is OK, or do I have more problems I need to rectify first? I have just forced the jackpot to payout and now the 6 finger is going through disc 1 and 2 and not as shown in the photo. Sorry for any confusion.
IMG_0247[1]a.jpg

IMG_0249[1]a.jpg

IMG_0250[1]a.jpg

coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

It is a little confusing, but that doesn't mean we won't get there in the end. When you say you have "forced a jackpot", do you mean you have set up the reels to cause a jackpot to pay out? If so, is the amount correct? As your jackpot appears, from what you have said earlier, to be the contents of one tube plus an amount of coins paid by slides, then the 6 finger going through may well be part of the total coin payout. Can we please please see a photo of the jackpot, a full width photo of the lower part of the machine, with the door open, from the front, just so we know the system in use here.

If the jackpot paid correctly, and you have the reels locked in the jackpot payout position, set the reel strips NOW. Then it's easy to set up all the other payouts in the same way and check the amounts are correct.
You say the jackpot has two "tubes" and the payout releases one of them - does the system then switch to the second one ready for the next jackpot payout? Is the jackpot hand filled or auto filled?

Just to show why it can be confusing here is a photo of a Jubilee of mine. Does it look like yours? From what you say, I doubt it.
insidde.jpg

aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Or more like this one?
jubilee twintube jackpot.jpg
jubilee twintube jackpot.jpg (33.44 KiB) Viewed 4270 times

GP

This thread could get to 20 pages and still not be resolved.
His pays 4 instead of 2 coins for 1 cherry.....................!

.......Taxi for Mr Nutt and Mr Muddle and a pair of trusty pliers.
greg1

Post by greg1 »

My machine is exactly like the second picture with the two jackpot tubes but with different reel strips. The jackpot pays 12 coins from the payout slides, plus one of the jackpot tubes. So now if I set the reel strips to the jackpots, will all the other payouts fall into line, or will I need to make any more adjustments? If so, what will I need to do?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I know how hard it can be at first to see the logic in a slot mech. It looks like a thousand unrelated actions are going on, but they are not. Every part that moves leads to a fixed result. If the the jackpot pays correctly with the reel strips showing the correct symbols in the payout window, then all the payouts will be lined up, unless there is some unusual damage to the discs, or the reel strips are not the correct ones (very unlikely in this case). This is not to say they will pay out correctly, only that the machine will be in the correct positions to pay out the correct amounts. Once we know all is in line, then we can see if the payouts are paying correctly.

Set up each of the payouts in turn (using the fan stop method. If you don't know how this works, look in 'Tips for Beginners' or ask in this post) and see what each pays. If it's correct, move on to the next one. If not, check it again and make a note of what it does pay. Once they are lined up correctly, it's just a matter of adjustment and/or cleaning to cure the problem. :cool:

It's just occurred to me that you might not realise that the three reel strips are all different and have to be on the correct reel. Can we be sure they have not been removed and replaced in the wrong order?
greg1

Post by greg1 »

I have fixed the reel strips in place and played the machine for a while. Two cherries and three oranges paid the correct amount. Do I need to go through every combination of bells, plums, oranges etc., or one of each payout? (I am aware of the fan stop method). And any pictures of the payout fingers for 1 cherry or 1 Concord and how far into the discs the fingers go please. This should pay out 2 coins. I know it down to the travel of the finger or fingers but need to know which ones I need to be looking at. Then I can make any adjustments needed.
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

You already have that picture, it's the one I marked up at the top of page 3. Now I understand why the Concord position has a hole for the cherry also - Concord pays as a cherry. It's the outermost finger.
greg1

Post by greg1 »

I understand the cherry disc holes but, if I have got this right, to pay out one cherry or one Concord (2 coins), the finger should go through only one disc, and two cherries or cherry and Concord (4 coins) through two discs. Back to the payouts - can I just check one 3 bell, one 3 plums, one 3 oranges and if these payout the right amount all the other combinations will pay the same?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Yes, they should all be OK, always best to test all payouts though. It only needs one slide to be sticky and you might lose a couple of coins in a high payout. If the two coin payout finger is correct it should hit the second disc hard as it attempts to find the second hole that would be a 4 coin pay. The distance is easy - if it's paying 4 then it's moving too far.
greg1

Post by greg1 »

I've just run through all the payouts. All pay the right amounts, all except the one cherry or one Concord which pays out 4 instead of 2 coins. I have placed the reels so only the cherry payout finger will go through the first disc and no other but there's no payout. If the payout slides which are numbered so I cannot get them wrong are sticking, how do I check? I have cleaned and polished the slides and there is not a lot of movement between the reels. As for the reel strips, I hope this makes sense - bells reel one has 1, two has 10, three has 1, plums reel one 5, reel two 1, reel three 5, oranges reel one 10, reel two 1, reel three 3. Do they look as in the right order? As I said earlier, the machine has not been used in over 30 years but I would like to get it paying the right amounts.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

raj wrote:Another option may be that the whole bundle is set too far away from the payout fingers, thus allowing the 1 cherry finger to move too far, therefore tripping the second payout slide. I can't remember how the reel rod is secured, but Aristo's can be upset like this if the rod is too tight/loose. Hope this makes sense.....
Operator Bell wrote:I agree with raj, the "pay 2" lever is moving too far in.
The answer to your issue concerning the double payout may well be on page 1 of this thread.
Raj made an excellent point and Op Bell seconded it.

You may not have much lateral movement between the reels, but the whole bundle may be sitting too far across.
Each end of the reel axle has an adjuster plus locking nut.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

BP has to be right I think, I believe you have been missing the point,as BP says ,its not the gap BETWEEN the reels its the gap from the finger head to the blank plate on the second disc after the finger has passed through the first disc. It should be very simple to move the entire reel bundle permanently to the right a touch and secure it in place.