Somebody knows... Maybe you?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Question re Allwin mechanism

Postby badpenny » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:14 am

It's an anti-tilt device. Previous threads about it now merged above - Site Admin.

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:30 am

BP must be having a bad day. The first thing he should have said was his usual "welcome to the best slot forum on the net."

So I'll say it, "welcome to the best slot forum on the net"!

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Apologies pschimpf, I wasn't having a bad day, I'd suddenly realised I was running late and should have been well on my way to pick up my new toy 50+ miles away.

Thanks to coppinpr for stepping in. :cool:

pauljt71

Pilwin 56 anti tilt question

Postby pauljt71 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Topic merged - Site Admin.

9C425770-6F13-41DE-BADE-49108A8849ED.jpeg
Hi folks,

I have a Pilwin 56. Looking at the anti tilt mechanism with the ball bearing in it. Is there something missing such as a spring etc? I cannot see what it actually does. Picture attached 😀

If you have one of these could you post a picture so I can check it against mine please.
84CBA6E7-4AED-4CC6-B09F-D6633143C0C6.jpeg

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Bryans allwin anti tilt device

Postby pennymachines » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:14 pm

I think this device was only used on Bryans one-ball allwins, and not all of those. It's on my Pilwin, not my Gapwin.
Four queries in and we've explained what it's for but not how it does it...

You will notice from the other pictures there is normally a right angle bend on the lower 'finger' of the thin tilting plate (yours has been straightened out). Presumably the idea is that this comes to rest against the payout locking bar below it (when the tilt ball has rolled to the right), thus preventing that bar from being lifted by a ball in the win position.

As a gravity dependent device, it is uncharacteristically finicky for Bryans - it might work if perfectly clean and lubricated. I notice it's held in place by a single wingnut, as if they knew that sooner or later the operator would remove it. Also, I can't work out how it is supposed to reset itself once tilted. Surely the operator didn't have to do it? Is it described in Bryan's adverts? Not mentioned on Melvyn's font of all Bryans wisdom. Strikes me as more of a sales gimmick than a practical feature, wall-mounting being the standard deterrent to tilting. Bryan's fans feel free to tell me I'm tilting at windmills...
Bryansanti-tilt.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:51 pm

No Mr P I think you're wrong there.
I've only seen one Bryan's Windmill and I didn't see an anti tilt gizmo on that.
A clockwork motor yes but that was all.

BP SkEpTiCaL

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:37 pm

If my calculations are correct I'm pretty sure that while you were perusing said Windmill you drank the vintage alcohol contained in the fluid flywheel BP!? !!CHEERS!! !!LOSINGIT!! :sick:

pauljt71

Postby pauljt71 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Many thanks for the explanation as to how it works. This is exactly what I was trying to find out. With your picture I can see how mine has been bent and altered.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:11 pm

I think Pilwins, U Wins and Gapwins are probably the only allwins to incorporate this device, as those are the ones where the player could gain higher payouts by tilting.

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:09 am

pennymachines wrote:I think Pilwins, U Wins and Gapwins are probably the only allwins to incorporate this device
Also the 10 cup Mr PM
10 Cup mechanism.jpg