Sega Windsor Buccaneer payout slides

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
brigham

Re: Payout slide problem

Post by brigham »

If it's still The Buccaneer we're talking about, then new penny slides are not correct in the first place.
I would be investigating the half-baked decimal conversion first, otherwise you might end up with a working machine that doesn't match the payout card.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I understand the concern with the conversion as has been mentioned, two of the horizontal fingers are higher than the slides. Assuming there are 6 of them, then this may have been done by an amateur and the wrong setup for the slides and wrong slides for the machine. Also most decimal conversions would change the awards from the 12 coin to 10......maybe a mishmash
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

brigham wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:37 pm If it's still The Buccaneer we're talking about, then new penny slides are not correct in the first place.
I would be investigating the half-baked decimal conversion first, otherwise you might end up with a working machine that doesn't match the payout card.
It would have been the old penny originally. Still has the 1d sign on it but would have been changed to 1p for the sea front arcades I guess. Like I said before, it did pay out as usual when I first got it. Don't know about the jackpot at 12 coins though but I think it would pay 10 with the slides that are in it now with 2 coins per slide. Even if I could get it back to paying 10 out I would be happy with that. At least my boy thinks he's winning loads of money. The first thing I need to change is the correct size springs to see what happens with the slides. They might make the slides push all the way forward then mess with the dog n anvil but still not sure what size springs to go for: 100mm long thin or 90mm long thin. Then trying to find them is another matter. :-( HELP!!!!!!
P.s there are 5 slides, that's how I came to 10 coins.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

treefrog wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:45 pm I understand the concern with the conversion as has been mentioned, two of the horizontal fingers are higher than the slides. Assuming there are 6 of them, then this may have been done by an amateur and the wrong setup for the slides and wrong slides for the machine. Also most decimal conversions would change the awards from the 12 coin to 10......maybe a mishmash
Hi treefrog.
Just thinking pal about the thickness of the slides because, if I really tighten the top slide plate, you get a bit of resistance on the slides. So if they are not the correct slides and I put the thicker slides in for the correct payout I guess the top plate is wrong as the slides would be higher than the 4 bolt holes that you screw the plate to to hold the slides down, so I would have to replace that as well??????
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

I have noticed they are 6 horizontal fingers for the slides so does that mean I need 6 slides and if so could I add one on top of the 5 I have already got if I get spaces to raise the top part to hold the slides in place..? Just a thought. !PUZZLED!