Somebody knows... Maybe you?
13rebel

Re: Jennings Governor 'win percent' rate question...

Postby 13rebel » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:00 am

Malc, do you remember when you kindly helped fix my Roma with the coin not retaining in the gate and 'round about that time I had calculated the percentage payout to be 49.6%? You agreed that the problem lay with the wins with 'any' at the end. It's easy to kind of 'double up' with combinations eg on the Roma there are awards for plum/bell/bell, plum/bell/plum, plum/bell/orange, also plum/bell/any. When calculating the plum/bell/any, it must be done without including the other three combinations mentioned as these have already been accounted for. Thus it works out even more measly. :shock:

chris rideout

Postby chris rideout » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:51 pm

There was just a solitary jackpot on most of the Jennings machines. The most frequent wins were:

Cherry Cherry Any (pays 5)
Cherry Bar Any (pays 5)
Bar Bar Any (pays 5)
Bar Cherry Any (pays 5)
Cherry Any Any (pays 3)
Bar Any Any (pays 3)

Now look at the Oranges/Plums/Bells... Mean! I think the overall payout was 83 per cent but I worked that out so many years ago that I remember very little.

13rebel

Postby 13rebel » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:55 pm

Bit tricky to work out the percentage on a machine without a declared jackpot amount. Basically it's a case of coins out as per the award card possible combinations [taking care not to duplicate when there is 'any' in the win line] divided by the total number of possible combinations then multiplied by 100. In the case of the Roma it is [ 496 divided by 1000] x 100=49.6%. Another bandit might be [6000 divided by 8000] x 100 giving 75%. Whilst this is not a fixed percentage,over the course of inserting the same number of coins as the possible total combinations it should pretty close.[unless an operator has done some skulduggery] 83% sounds very generous.