Nostalgics allwin

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
polaris

Nostalgics allwin

Post by polaris »

Not blessed with a choice of projects I sourced this rather sorry mismatched Nostalgics cabinet and door languishing on an auction site. Luckily the door was slightly bigger than the opening, so after cutting the depth of cabinet to get rid of damage, moving shelf position, and cutting the cash drawer door, all fitted quite well. It was missing some parts which I have sourced, and other parts can be fashioned from bits lying around. The one problem I do have is the payout knob. Spindle and knob are different metals and I’m unsure if they can be welded, so any thoughts on how to repair would be welcome, or indeed if anyone has a spare would be appreciated.
Attachments
2684F9C8-0721-44F7-8341-98C36F5539EBa.jpg
B911992B-9C66-4707-9FDE-1C5359A63E53a.jpg
232B0803-189F-45FA-A083-C4E49595E33Aa.jpg
0FF6DB15-597E-44D0-8E5E-A879B592D8C4a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Nostalgics allwin

Post by treefrog »

I do recall on a few occasions being mentioned in the site the poor quality of parts like the handle, prone to corrosion. Maybe brazing it on, which would be less destructive. Look like the the sleeve has gone, maybe cold weld.....

Other alternative is https://www.retro-arcade.co.uk/ who of course sell individual items.
polaris

Post by polaris »

Thanks Tom.
Yes, the one thing that is noticeable is mostly they are poor quality. I will look into brazing as an option see if it’s possible. I did contact Retro Arcade who kindly supplied me with the full trigger assembly. I have to say an extremely pleasant man. The payout knob on those machines are different, having no shield, so will look at all other options first.
JC

Post by JC »

polaris wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:49 amSpindle and knob are different metals and I’m unsure if they can be welded
The spindle is steel and the knob is cast iron. They can be welded, although probably not a job for an amateur - I don't weld, so can't give any specific advice. However, just be mindful that the heat produced from welding will almost certainly damage the chrome......the good news is, the chrome was probably crap to start with.