Mystery of the Clock

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
john t peterson

Mystery of the Clock

Post by john t peterson »

Mr. Pennymachines.

I have noticed that the clock at the top of the PM pages spins joyously at first initiation of a page but almost always ends at approximately 7:58. Before starting a string of conspiracy theories, would you like to enlighten us as to the thinking behind the mystery? Nursey's ironclad rule that pulls you off the internet by 8 PM, perhaps? !PUZZLED!

J Peterson
Clocked out in America
bryans fan

Re: Mystery of the Clock

Post by bryans fan »

Hi JP

must be just yours, mines fine??! :!?!:

As I understand it the clock gets its time from the device you view the website on. I`m sure PM will be along shortly to explain it all.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Sure does work from my computers time. :smash: I guess tech is not your thing - damn glad I never flew on any of your flights Capt JP - how many did you belly-flop? :lol:
brigham

Post by brigham »

Works fine on mine, too.
Perhaps you (JP, I mean) always log on at approximately 7:48, without realizing it?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

John …..
Please allow me to show you how we teach our children to tell the time in Brexitland.

Now firstly, how many hours are there in the day?
That's right, there are 24, well done! And when you look at a clock face you'll see there are 12 ok?
How many hands are there?
That's right there are 3, well done!
The first is the small one which is hours, the second is for the minute and the third is the second hand, ok?
The small one points to the hour or the one it has just left, the big one shows minutes and the second one move the fastest, so we'll ignore that.
The minute one when it's on 1 is saying 5, on 2 it's 10 and 3 is 15 or a quarter ….. are you paying attention? 4 is 20 5 is 25 and 6 is 30 or half past, easy isn't it?
Once the long hand gets to 7 it's 25 to or 35 past, 8 is 20 to or 40 and 9 is 45, a quarter to or three quarters, eleven is 10 to or 50 …. why are you crying? This is important, if you learn this for tomorrow I'll buy you a digital watch.

BP :cool:
john t peterson

Ooops! :oops: New rule: No more than two beers before logging on.

J Peterson
Doing time in America

PS. Gameswat. Any landing you can walk away from is considered a successful one.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

John T. Peterson wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:03 am I have noticed that the clock at the top of the PM pages spins joyously at first initiation of a page but almost always ends at approximately 7:58. Before starting a string of conspiracy theories...
John, I think you're onto something.
On September 19 last year, at 7:58, during Trump's maiden address to the General Assembly, the clocks lurched forward before stopping permanently.

This was of course predicted 5 minutes and 16 seconds into an episode of the Simpsons:
john t peterson

Good one, Mr. PM. If only time would stand still with our idiot in the White House. Limit his damage to what has already been done. Unfortunately for us, we're going to have to ride this disaster out to the end, whenever that may be. Once he's out, we'll spend the next 10 years apologizing to the world. :#:

J Peterson
Over and out, USA