Hunt's Pier

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

If you have a Dell computer (and let's face it, lots do), you can play it through the pre-installed Power DVD software.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

For those interested, the website is http://www.victoriapier.com

Quite an extensive site with numerous pics of the pier through the ages plus current internal pics of the amusement area.

There is a special link to make a donation............

or you can have a brass plaque with your name on it for £20, fixed to the pier............umm
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

shaggy wrote:after the amm fiasco i'm suprised anybody want's anything to do with Mr. Hunt. :-?
Steve Hunt is generally considered among the slot machine community to be somebody "not trustworthy in business dealings" and I'm sure that reputation will follow him around for ever.

It's a shame. I don't know how much he made from the dishonoured AAM subscriptions but it couldn't have been much and I personally sure as Hell wouldn't trash my own reputation for such little return.
margamatix

Re: How much does he owe us?

Post by margamatix »

Guest wrote:The AAM subscriber base was rumoured to be around a 1000. At £36 a year per subscription, that's £36,000. When the AAM disapeared, some would have been owed a full year's subscription and others would have been owed just 1 or 2 issues.
I received one copy for my £36, and despite repeated requests for a refund of my subscription, I haven't received so much as the courtesy of a reply, let alone my money. and this was happening at the time he was spending "an undisclosed six figure sum" on Victoria Pier.

Re: Hunt's Pier

Post by Guest »

Some recent photos of the pier can be found on this page:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/conceptonline/colwynbay/

Apparently, Steve Hunt was declared bankrupt on July 17th. So the future of the pier is uncertain again.

He should have stuck to slot machines :-(
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I've been following Steve's misfortunes regarding the pier since July I think. The Internet is full of it. It's hard to see what his options are, councils are not famed for their generosity and tolerance when it comes to claiming their due.
I certainly wouldn't wish this amount of aggravation on anyone, especially for the price of a year's subs.
Others of course may disagree (duck.... incoming!!!)
I hope the pier is saved, I hope S.H. survives the ordeal.

This topic moved from Open Forum to prevent anonymous posting: Site Admin
pennymachines
Site Admin

Pier Pressure

Post by pennymachines »

I'm not sure how long it's available, but BBC Wales' "year-in-the-making documentary" following Steve Hunt's attempts to restore Colwyn Bay's Victoria Pier is currently on iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... r_Pressure
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi :D , I have just found this on Youtube and no matter what your own opinion of Steve Hunt may be, you must agree that this pier would have been wonderful if he had managed to get the job finished ....:tarah:

mikey

Post by mikey »

slotalot wrote:Hi :D , I have just found this on Youtube and no matter what your own opinion of Steve Hunt may be, you must agree that this pier would have been wonderful if he had managed to get the job finished ....:tarah:
In spite of all that has been said about Steve, I feel that he deserves better from both the council and locals in his attempts to restore what was a lovely pier.
Good luck Steve

Mikey
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Stumbled across this article regarding the current state of play on Colwyn Pier. Thought those following the career of Steve and the pier might be interested to see it.

http://www.northwalesweeklynews.co.uk/c ... -23065490/