American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Middlehurst Coronet

Postby badpenny » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks guys for responding to this thread. I really envy you that machine, thanks for sharing the stories. Is there really only two of these beauties extant? :#:

andydotp

Postby andydotp » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:31 am

Cheers Rory, (Hi Badpenny), good to know you're still slotting over there in the West. Recall you have (had?) a very broad collection.
Yes, you're correct, I tried to sell my entire collection of 21 machines but ebay booted them off, and Trading Post & Gumtree had no luck so they're still sitting here around the house.
Maybe I ought to try the Market on this forum??
I'll see if I can upload some pics - but Badpenny might turn a rather green colour (good taste - it really is a fine piece).
Cheers,
Andy.

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:42 am

Hey, I still have a ton of stuff, mostly awaiting attention of course, and currently in the US buying up. Recently bought some rare pieces that I've been having great fun researching. And off to Chicagoland at the end of the month.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:49 pm

andydotp wrote:Cheers Rory, (Hi Badpenny), good to know you're still slotting over there in the West. Recall you have (had?) a very broad collection.
Yes, you're correct, I tried to sell my entire collection of 21 machines but ebay booted them off, and Trading Post & Gumtree had no luck so they're still sitting here around the house.
Maybe I ought to try the Market on this forum??
I'll see if I can upload some pics - but Badpenny might turn a rather green colour (good taste - it really is a fine piece).
Cheers,
Andy.
Why not share with us what you are looking to sell, I am sure there may be a few people interested.....

andydotp

Postby andydotp » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:54 am

Cheers T-F,
If work didn't consume my every waking moment I'd try n upload all my machine pics here.
Must get onto it - 14 machines left - up for grabs, here in Melbourne including my Coronet and a cast iron 1910 Mills Operators Bell.
Regards,
Andy.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:22 am

You would have to wait until the day before I finish my job before teasing me with a Coronet! :dammit:

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Hey Andy, did you import the Operator Bell yourself from the US or find it locally?

andydotp

Postby andydotp » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi again Gameswat, Badpenny et al,
I bought the 1910 Mills Ops Bell on ebay and had it flown out of Florida. It arrived three days after I clicked 'pay now' on Paypal.
Awesome..Got it from 'Jukebox Eddie' aka Catalino-Bambino. We did the transaction live over the phone watching our respective screens... was fun.
Cheers,
Andy.

silverbitz

Postby silverbitz » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Some photo's would be great. Always time for new additions,
Ha..wife's just moaned at me for tripping over my Mills horsehead bonus 'out back'!.

andydotp

Postby andydotp » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:53 am

Actually Silverbitz et al, I sent my slot pics to our host over the past two days - Coronet included. Hopefully they'll appear sometime soon, if not I'll get a tech-savvy mate to upload 'em. If they do get uploaded, compare the difference in the belly paintwork, it was scalloped and the colours were the other way around and line up nicely bwn top & bottom casting.. Also my cabinet is nicely laminated and the 'three aces' denominator wording is recessed not proud. Subtle differences.

To concur with our twice-divorced friend Badpenny, Yup, machines anywhere you wanna put 'em.... :HaHa:
Regs to all, Andy.