Pictures of my Governor restored by coppinpr

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
halski

Pictures of my Governor restored by coppinpr

Post by halski »

I took some pictures of my Governor yesterday, posted them on a thread but they disappeared. So I thought that the new restoration deserved a thread all of its own. I even worked out how to attach my macro lens so you can see the exceptional attention to detail that Paul carried out.
Attachments
Jannings-with-lights-off.jpg
jennings-with-lights.jpg
Jackpot-Detail.jpg
Indian-Head.jpg
jimmy55

Re: Pictures of my Governor restored by copinpr

Post by jimmy55 »

Looks great .......well done the lucky owner and well done Paul **xXx**
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

One question to ask though - did Jennings originally have the horizontal paint filled lines, as all the ones I have owned (6 so far) never had this. I have Googled the images on net and have found one or two others, mainly on US coinage, but most are plain... I wonder if this ever was standard or maybe on certain models... Even seen someone detail the line around the award and reel window, which is unlikely to be original... Looks a very nice machine. You are lucky you have started with a machine that has good chrome as mentioned before... Keep polishing :cool:
halski

Post by halski »

Judging by the pictures before the restoration it appears they are not standard - but I like the coachlines very much and will happily be corrected - they don't look as if they have worn away....see below
Attachments
Old jennings.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I agree the coach lines on this one were not originally painted but as others have said there are a lot of US versions with the lines painted and it liooks good. I have never painted the line surrounding reel window on one of these but I do wonder why,if it was never painted on any model, is it (a) there at all and (b) always rough and poorly chromed.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The older I get the less of a purist I become.

Everything in the world is built down to a price.
Within hours of being in the hands of its first owner nothing looks the way it did when it left the factory.
I can't think of anyone who hasn't wanted to put their own mark on something as soon as they own it.

I'm more interested in how something has accrued individuality during its working life.

My Uncle used to spend spare moments in his arcade constantly prettifying the machines that put bacon on the table.

BP
widget2k4

Re: Pictures of my Governor restored by coppinpr

Post by widget2k4 »

that looks awesome :)
well done coppinpr
hope mine turns out half as good as that.