Fire Bell 3 reel converted by Greaves Amusement Supplies

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
easternpinman

Fire Bell 3 reel converted by Greaves Amusement Supplies

Post by easternpinman »

Hi everybody,
Does anybody seen this model in UK? It was converted by Greaves Amusement Supplies, apparently, from Leicester.
It seems to be a Bally clone but with some more modifications. A schematic will be great and beyond my dreams. !!IDEA!!
Now machine is dead - some previous owners made some work. I am trying now to follow the way wiring of the coil which release the pull handle. It was kept some years in a cellar in Germany.
Attachments
3.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
5.jpg
easternpinman

Re: Fire Bell 3 reel converted by Greaves Amusement Suppli

Post by easternpinman »

Managed to put in motion some harness was butchered by former owners but on the bally EM basis put back in motion
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Definitely a conversion and not a clone, a really late Money Honey range, the conversion even later in an attempt to match up with the newer electro machines with hold features. This should be the original wiring for the machine with added hold/stop electrics and possible new feature pay. See the current post running on the same basic model in Q & A section.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

I had one of these and gave it to pagham amusement arcade in west sussex as a donation for their working arcade; could well be still in use. Mine had a blanking plate over the hold buttons but small wins had been increased to compensate. Paid £40 for it and it was pretty reliable.
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

Google the following:
ISBN-10: 0962385255, or
ISBN-13: 978-0962385254

You should find The Complete Service Manual for Bally Slot Machines. It has all the schematics you could ever wish for, there in black and white. I just wish I understood what they mean... !PUZZLED!

I have the Bally version of your machine. Let me know if I can help you with any photographs of the innards.
ballymad

Post by ballymad »

first does it take coins?
does pushing the little lever down on the back of door on the coin chute do anything?
if nothing then first try right hand side mid level the piston, at the back of that there should be
a set of contacts make sure they are closed sometimes pulling back on the plunger can make them make contact if not will post up handle release circuit
raj

Post by raj »

sometimes the handle release coil sticks, esp if not used. This can be checked with the mech out and the power off, as it is a mechanical action. If not, then back to the end of stroke contacts on the damper. Hardened grease is the enemy of all Bally's and causes all manner of problems. Don't forget the moving arms underneath the reels, which can stick.
operator bell

Re: Fire Bell 3 reel converted by Greaves Amusement Supplies

Post by operator bell »

It's a Sir Prize, a really early Money Honey variety. Lift-off door hinges and no metal lining in the case makes it 1966 or thereabouts. The motor thing with the yellow knob is the random hold switch.

These machines clean up nicely. This one used to look vaguely similar to yours.
Attachments
My Bally.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

a really early Money Honey variety
I thought the early ones had slide payouts not hoppers !PUZZLED! so i guess that was part of the conversion, so Greaves bought old money honey's and converted them pretty much to late ones?
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

All the Money Honeys ever made by Bally had a hopper when they left the factory. The slide conversions were made for the late-1960s "1/- cash, 5/- tokens" scheme, two sixpences or a Gold Award token. Showmen liked this because you could only exchange your 5/- token for their ninepenny plastic "prizes", and what could you do about it. It didn't work in pubs, where they still kept the hopper. If 5/- was paid in multiple tokens - 20, 3d tokens in the case of Sir Prize - you could play them back or exchange them for a variety of goods including beer.
easternpinman

Post by easternpinman »

Hi again
I am sorry to update after one year but I do not receive notice about member topic posts ( probably I have to look better to my account options :( ...)
Operator Bell is again the best ,,,I have had not the time yet to refurbish Ainsworth machine ,,,
So bottom line we managed to put this in motion + extra wiring and a delay line at the end of august 2015 . I have reproduced the lower backglass with a translite and I have now to make some other plastics for the stop buttons it gives some +/_ 1 coin at payouts but this is reasonable

Thanks to everybody which have post to this topic for the input information's