1954 Bergmann "Rotary"

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

1954 Bergmann "Rotary"

Post by coppinpr »

Thought I'd post a couple of photos of one of my favourite machines before it leaves my collection (I'm not selling it, it's going on permanent loan to my daughter's house - it's always been her number one favourite).

Don't really know why it's a favourite of mine, it's nothing special. Perhaps it's that 1950s look with the mirrored glass (in perfect condition I might add) or the great whirring noise it makes when it runs (it's chain driven) and the contempt it shows for the player when, after it's finished the game - it pumps the coin into the coin box with a loud "ching" as much as to say "it's mine now".

Listed as 1954, mine is dated 1959 so either it was popular or the Automatix site got the date wrong, but I don't think they would.
Only lights up during play and allows the restart of reels one or three or both. Reel 2 is the last to finish - a very playable machine.

Inside there is a surprising amount of dangerous looking electrics for such a simple machine.
So after 7 years in my collection it's going to a good home (even if it's only on loan). :cool:
Attachments
rotary inside.jpg
rotary2.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: 1954 Bergmann "Rotary"

Post by badpenny »

I had one of the earlier ones, I loved it.

On mine the payout wasn't a slide, it was a thin channel that ran vertically and stored the coins edge on edge.
Different levels were held by tiny solenoids that retracted at the same time.
Consequently if you won a high payment they all clattered out in one drop, very impressive.
ddstoys

Re: 1954 Bergmann "Rotary"

Post by ddstoys »

Very nice. Some beautiful machines I've never seen tucked away in your collections thanks for sharing