Neomat

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
tiggy125

Neomat

Post by tiggy125 »

Hi Folks,
Another purchase from 20+ years ago, now unearthed from storage. Can’t remember where or even why I bought it.
Not really my area with it being electro mechanical, however plugged it in and seems to work fine. Bottom reel stops first, then middle, which can be restarted several times before the top reel stops. I believe this is to improve your chances of getting a winning line.
Can anyone help with any info on it? Was It made by Gunther Wulff of Germany?
Cheers
Tiggy
Attachments
C7A639D2-15A7-4C85-85A6-C7A169FECA9Fa.jpg
4614EC81-BE90-4C0F-A9E6-8F74D80B0998a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Neomat

Post by badpenny »

They all copied each other's designs.
I guess Germany had little experience in R&D concerning amusement machines and possibly even were instructed by their government (I nearly said dictated to ... Gulp!) They certainly were restricted and governed in a lot of the ways they ran their businesses.

So you can be forgiven for thinking Günter Wulff created The Neomat however it was Busch (Hellenthal).
Click Here
Many machines almost identical to Günter Wulff's were being knocked out by NSM, who went on to manufacture juke boxes and vending machines.

BP !SMARTY!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

It must be well-made if it fired up without issue after all these years.
tiggy125

Post by tiggy125 »

Thanks for the info Badpenny ,as you say a lot of the German machines of that era were very similar.
I don’t think I’ll hang onto it for a further 20 years,so time to dust it off and pop it on fleabay.
Thanks again
Tiggy