Penny On Ice Coin Pusher I WANNA BUILD ONE!!!!

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
wb

Penny On Ice Coin Pusher I WANNA BUILD ONE!!!!

Post by wb »

Hi Guys,

Right, Let's get straight to it.... I've built pushers, Tooty Fruities etc. videos can be found on YouTube:

But what I'm looking to build now is an old Cromptons Penny On Ice machine; the one with the pusher that rotates, by a magnet fixed to the motor cam underneath. I've found emagnets but unsure what size to use and what to make the playfield out of, I thought toughened glass on MDF and what to line the underneath of the actual pusher box with so it doesn't cut a groove in the playfield surface on it's merry way around the playfield. Does anyone have any details on the original Penny On Ice machine please????? Any help would be much appreciated.
glittering-prize67

Re: Penny On Ice Coin Pusher I WANNA BUILD ONE!!!!

Post by glittering-prize67 »

Hi, I made a Rotor Soccer a few years back, that has a glass playfield and where the magnet rotates there is a small tube which is part of the arm the magnet goes round on. Into this you put a small peice of nylon 66. I say small as this reduces drag and the nylon should be approx 1-2mm higher than the magnet. This keeps the magnet off the glass but turns freely as the nylon bush easily slides over the glass with no wear. Hope this helps. Paul Mitchel has the Rotor Soccer I made if you need any pics.