Allwin replica for an RAF museum

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
classicgambler

Re: Allwin replica for an RAF museum

Post by classicgambler »

Well guys, here is the finished product - an allwin 1938-1940s style machine. I am very chuffed to bits on this one, as I have never done anything like this before. I will have to tweek it up a bit though with the right colors on the Cresta Run sign and the ball is a bit on the small side, but all in all everything is finished, so would you think this will pass as a museum piece ???
Attachments
201_4546.JPG
201_4547.JPG
201_4548.JPG
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Well done classicgambler. !!CHEERS!!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Nothing wrong with that !THUMBS! Make sure we get a photo of it when it's in the museum set... :tarah:
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

I sure will. At the moment the area is getting some maintenance done ready for Easter but, as soon as it goes up on the wall, I will take photos of it in its place !!CHEERS!!
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Well guys, I presented the replica to the museum owners and I can tell you that they REALLY loved it and they even thought that it was a real one too. They have given me the responsibility to place it anywhere I like in the mock up pub, so I have placed it on the wall near the bar with a mannequin of a WWII RAF pilot in uniform playing it. I will take some photos very soon so you can all see for yourselves !!YIPPEE!! !!YIPPEE!! !!YABBADABBA!! !!YABBADABBA!!
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Well done that man!

Does the RAF still do things by numbers classicgambler, if so how will you fix it on the wall
will it be 'UP - two - three, HOLD - two - three, FIX - two - three, DOWN - two - three'

(apologies to those who have never encountered service life as this may be too esoteric)
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

The sad thing is this mock-up actually looks a lot better then a number of real machines I've seen over the years that have been re-built or "restored". Great job. Now imagine the accomplishment if you build a working version!?
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Thank you very much for the compliment! Yes, I have got my head into the workings of them at the moment, figuring out how I can do this but with great folks on here and past posts and projects I will be able to have a go at them, but for now I am going to build some more of them, then at least I have a few to have a go at.