Central England Auction 2006

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Central England Auction 2006

Post by badpenny »

I've just spent several hours on the phone and internet

*Yes those currently holding auctions do have a permit
*Yes we were stopped 4 years ago from being given a renewal for |The Nelson because the team that dealt with it were in London and their interpretation of the law is not necessarily the same as the new team in Birmingham.
*No it doesn't matter if it's new, old, ancient, electric, clockwork, a toy, pre-decimal or nuclear powered it's a gambling machine and its sale comes under the act.
*Yes they will intervene if you ignore the act.
*It doesn't matter if you own the machine or are selling it on behalf of somebody else, a sale of a machine is what is happening so the act applies.
*The law changes next year, what that means is not yet known, but in the meantime they will issue me a temporary permit.
........ so I've asked them to post me the application, with the intention of running a Central England Vintage Slot Machine Auction !!!!!!!!!!
So I'm prepared to give it a go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Basic Outline for discussion and guidance from you the punters.

Where? ... As central as possible and as near to motorways as possible
When?......Late Autumn'ish
Costs?......Entry by catalogue paid for in advance, or bought on door. Seller's commission (to be worked out) I'd like to avoid buyer's commision completely if possible. Cash only, sellers paid out on day.

Now please ...... I need to know if you'd support this, and if you'd enter machines, there's no point in everyone turning up to buy if no one is prepared to sell.
I don't expect to make money on this, but by the same gaming token I don't want to lose any!
Over to you.................

What on earth am I agreeing to here

Badpenny
Attachments
anihot1.gif
anihot1.gif (2.17 KiB) Viewed 7746 times
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Congratulations on getting this far.

More importantly than the location is the auction room. Try and find somewhere warm, large, with loads of car parking space and ideally somewhere that our wives would like!

I have noticed that when women are around at these auctions, their men-folk spend more. I guess it is down to women hating to be outdone!!!!
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

If I bring my wife along, I usually end up buying machine's that she likes with my money! HMmmmmmmmmmm!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

... and that's exactly how it should be, I like your wife already. I'm sure I can find machines she'll like, as well as ones you'll like too .... what a wonderful relationship YOU your WIFE my BANK MANAGER

badpenny
jimmycowman

mid auction

Post by jimmycowman »

yes i would be there living in staffordshire that would be spot on , I went to the salisbury auction 6 hours round trip alot of the items seemed to have high reserves not much been said about that day on this site came home only with a couple of machines roll on the next one ,is the pier auction going to happen on the 11th june??
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

As if by magic that same machine is now back on Ebay! Only £850 this time. Last time only £450.00.

WOW must be the fastest appreciating item around!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

yes ive seen that machine a lot on ebay he seems to change his name every other week aswell!