Coventry Auction - Sun 23rd June, 2013

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
JC

Re: Coventry Auction - Sun 23rd June, 2013

Post by JC »

The vendor's description, as it will appear in the catalogue:
Aristocrat Kingsway 'Hoots Mon' 4 reeler on 20p, in good condition, with keys and stand.
Please, no more questions like this - this is not Ebay! All lots will be described in the catalogue, which will be available to order in a week or so. And of course, lots can be viewed on the morning of sale.
If the owner is a member of this forum and sees your query perhaps he/she/they might answer in advance.
At the risk of appearing to be at odds with my partner in crime, I really don't want to see Q & As with vendors on this forum. Vendors' anonymity must be preserved (whether they wish it or not).

Jerry
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

............. oopsy! :woops:
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Just thought I would freshen up the Coventry Auction page !!JUNK!! a good selection of machines so far !THUMBS! but then it is a slots only auction !WORSHIPFULL! and I am sure there is more to come so don't miss it. :tarah:
Attachments
Cov13.JPG
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Thanks Stuart .............

It's looking good, and you are right we don't have photos of all of the entries so there is more to come .... and there's not a Cast Iron Bell & Horse Bracket in sight.
JC

Post by JC »

Yes, thanks for the plug Stuart.

Well, the closing date for entries being last Monday, I'm sure you will all have expected an update from me by now. You know the sort of thing..............we have xxx number of lots; all the pictures as supplied by the vendors can now be viewed on my site; catalogues are back from the printers; you can order online now!..............etc. etc.

But hey, guess what............yes, you have it in one, I still don't have all the lot details. However, I shall be finalising the catalogue Monday - any lot details I don't have by then will be left out.

What I can say, however, is that we were never expecting our first summer auction to be anything like our November sales, but BP and I estimated that we needed 150+ lots (with a fair percentage of machines) to make this one anywhere near viable. As its turned out, it looks like we shall have nearer 200, with about the same number of machines as last November! So all in all, we're pretty chuffed. Many thanks to the vendors for their support - even those on whom I'm still waiting.

Jerry
JC

Post by JC »

Hokey Cokey, things are finally starting to come together !!YIPPEE!!
The catalogue is now finished and will be going to the printers tomorrow. Online payment is now set up on my MMM site, so get your orders in now! The catalogues should be ready to post by the end of the week. I've also removed the pictures that were previously posted, and am gradually re-posting now that lot numbers have been assigned. I'm hoping that all the pictures I have will be online by this time tomorrow.

[url]http://www.mechanicalmemoriesmagazine.co.uk/#[/url]

So what's on offer? Well, we have a total of 192 lots, which we're extremely pleased with - particularly as there is a higher than usual percentage of machines, so there should something to suit all tastes and pockets.
There is a really nice selection of bandits, including the usual lower-end Aristocrats and Segas, Jennings Governors, Mills Poinsettias, War Eagle, Bursting Cherry etc.
Wall machines include an interesting selection of British and German electro-mechs, some of which I've never seen before. Not so many allwins this time, but none the less some nice machines, including a rather interesting little machine called 'Clowny' that appears to be a BMCo. It has a 1-2-3 payout, so if it is a BMCo, then it will be the first that I've ever encountered with a multi payout. Other allwins include R&W sweetie allwins, a couple of rare Wonders, Allwin Deluxe, Parkers Carousel etc.
Bryans machines include Clocks, Bullion, Worl Borl, All Sport and a particularly nice looking Payramid.
As always, there is a good selection of spares and other related stuff, so this really should be a great day............and who knows? By then, summer might be here at last.

Jerry
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

@&@

Every year around now I print the following to avoid misunderstandings or confusion on the day

Guidelines for everyone not just Newbies.

Apart from the Conditions of Sale & Attendance which appear on the catalogue, here are some tips and advice for everyone to have a great and enjoyable day.

The venue management are very kind to us and they earn their living selling food and drink. So let's not insult their generosity by sitting down at one of their tables and spreading out our own sandwiches and flasks of tea. Their prices are very fair, but if you bring your own, please sit in your car, thanks.

Don't try and enter for viewing before 10.30. Although you'll see others wandering in and out before that time, it's because they are either organisers setting up the room or vendors bringing in their lots. Anybody else will be asked to leave, as they will be in the way.

Bring cash, no cheques, promises or girl friends taken, we like the vendors to leave with their money.

If you're not sure where to stick your finger inside a mech to simulate a coin, without losing the tip when you pull the handle, then bring a pocket full of old coins, so you can play.

Most machines will have their keys tied on with string. If you unlock one to have a squint inside then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lock it up securely when you've finished. We pick each machine up at the point of sale, and on more than one occasion I've had a case swing open, whilst it's above my head (not good for the heart) Also on some early machines the front door isn't hinged but tips out from the top, and can drop out when somebody moves it (ask Mr Pennymachines about his Conveyor)

Wherever you stand you are likely to be in the way of the porters (eventually) so please move and give them room, these machines are heavy and valuable, we don't want broken glass, splintered wood or hernias.

Get all of your viewing done before the lot you are interested in is called. Each year some cloth head will try to open a machine or examine it as I am struggling to get it above my head. The most you are likely to learn from this activity is how revolting my language can be.

If you must stand in front of a lot on the floor be aware of its number then when the auctioneer is calling it and I am running around like a pillock looking for it, you can take sympathy and point it out to me.

Lots may not be paid for or removed before the end of the auction. This is not negotiable nor is it up for debate. That's how it is.

As we get near to the last lots you'll see a queue starting to form, this is the buyers getting ready to pay in. If you have bought anything you will need at the end of the auction to pay in cash. If the queue looks long to you and you decide to go for a dring or a wander around, that's fine but don't leave it too long as another queue is going to form after this of vendors wanting to be paid out. Every year, despite repeated announcements over The PA for anyone who still has to pay in, we always get some numpty who has lost track of time. We can't pay out until the money is in. So please help us to help you.

Finally no private transactions, buying or selling are allowed outside of the organised auction. That means between anyone in or outside of the auction room or in the car park, out of boots of cars etc.

I'm sure there are more bits of advice to share, but I'll leave it there otherwise it sounds too regimented. I'm sure you'll have guessed by the randomness of the above that these are all things that somebody at some stage has attempted.
We all want to have a great time, the organisers included, by observing the above we all stand a better chance of going home with great new treasures and our sanity.
Enjoy the day, put faces to names, add to your collections and support the hobby. !!THUMBSX2!!

Do introduce yourself to me, it's good to put a face to a target ....... errr ...... a name.

Jeremy
JC

Post by JC »

OK, magazines and catalogues all back from the printers. Some are already in the post, some will go tomorrow morning and the rest will be posted Monday. If you haven't yet ordered your catalogue, please try to do so over the weekend, so that I can get them all out to you Monday.

All the pictures I have, as supplied by the vendors, are now uploaded onto the MMM site.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Follow this link to view only a few of the lots entered in next weekend's auction ...CLEVER CLICKY THING

See you there.

BP
toibs

Post by toibs »

Typical - 2 days BEFORE pay day :( (lol!)
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

toibs wrote:Typical - 2 days BEFORE pay day :( (lol!)
BP forgot to mention the new benefit this auction of £2000 credit for all forum members, with an APR of 6250%.
toibs

Post by toibs »

Per Day??? ;)
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I thought it was " buy one get one free" this time !!IDEA!!
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

Cross referring forum topic about the trip to Blackpool and its astounding value. This afternoon I was in Preston and a local cafe was offering "Large Cappuccino only £1 - buy one get one free" - you won't find that darn sarf. Maybe next year's summer auction should be up t'North.
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

It already is ;-)
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Jonesthegarage wrote:Maybe next year's summer auction should be up t'North.
Let's not go there again!!! :oops:
JC

Post by JC »

Don't worry............we're not! :lol:
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

What's going on with lot 97? ....... I bet I won't get that for 300 lol
badpenny
Forum Moderator