Auctions and costs

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
glittering-prize67

Auctions and costs

Post by glittering-prize67 »

Now i have mentioned this before but not really had a real answer.If ibuy something on ebay (auction) and i get it for 200 i pay 200.But machine auctions charge both seller and buyer.so if bought a machine on ebay for 200 i dont expect to pay 250 when i collect it.This is mainly why i avoid auctions.It ends up on ebay anyway. !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Re: auctions and costs

Post by treefrog »

And your point is?

eBay anyway is no longer machine friendly and you have hassle of non-committal buyer. Also they have to collect and can change their mind, unlike an auction. For sellers the Elephant is still a good bargain and similar if not cheaper than eBay. They also collect....so you makes your mind up... Your scope is less for a single item as people are less willing to travel.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Someone complained about bidders premiums on here before. At any auction you should really have a limit in mind, unless you have very deep pockets of course. So why is it so hard to figure out your max bid, then minus the commission and stop at that?? I think it's silly to pass on possibly buying a machine that you really want from auction just because you need to do some simple math. And how many potential buyers get to see an eBay machine in the flesh before bidding as opposed to getting the chance to give something a once over in person during a live auction preview!?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The position is simple to me.... I see an item on ebay I want for 200+40 postage; I think it's worth the 240 so I buy it.
I see an item at the Elephant House for 200 but I have to bid online because I can't get there, I think it's worth 270 ( 200+10 delivery+50 commission) so I buy it. If I think it's worth 200 then I don't bid beyond about 160... simples.
At an auction I NEVER look at the bid price as the price - I automatically assume the price I'm bidding to be the TOTAL price (i.e. if I bid 200, in my mind I'm bidding 270). I'm not interested if the selling price is good for me, only the total price.
jingle

Re: Auctions and costs

Post by jingle »

Was your maths teacher on holiday coppinr
!SMARTY!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I might try selling Paul a machine, I might get an extra 10% :cool:

What auctions should go back to and one or two still do is seller only premiums, works well as buyer is encouraged to spend more knowing what they bid is what they pay.

Mind you I have noticed now the "Easy" brand, eg jet now selling houses on a fixed up front fee, irrespective of value. Perhaps they will get into auctions with same principal
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

is this the "Easy Perm" Allwin not one of their's then? !!ESCAPE!! !!ESCAPE!!