Bandit Stand

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
andy d

Bandit Stand

Post by andy d »

I have been on the lookout for something to sit my Bandit on. I know we Humans come in all shapes, sizes and heights, but I was wondering if there is such a thing as a standard height? !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Re: Bandit Stand

Post by treefrog »

I would say at least 31in to 33in......seen people use these old cast iron pub tables for example often well below 30in and in my opinion too low. Most of the proper '60s stands I have are around 33in.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Im in the process of making two simple bandit stands,nothing fancy,cant show you yet as they are not finished,would you be interested in seeing a photo before I put them on Ebay? If so Ill add them to the market page. height 33"
andy d

Post by andy d »

Im in the process of making two simple bandit stands,nothing fancy,cant show you yet as they are not finished,would you be interested in seeing a photo before I put them on Ebay? If so Ill add them to the market page. height 33"
I would very much like to see your stands when they are finished. After all, it is for one of your old Bandits.

.........Unless I can find a nicer, shinier, more Jackpottier one at Coventry. !THUMBS!
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

40 odd years ago the Design Manager where I worked walked past a drawing in progress that showed for scale, a man stood by a large industrial boiler. His only comment to the Design Engineer was "I hope that man is to British Standard, 5 foot 9 and right handed".

I have never bothered to find out whether there is a BS for such a thing but thought I'd share it with you lot.
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

Jonesthegarage wrote:40 odd years ago the Design Manager where I worked walked past a drawing in progress that showed for scale, a man stood by a large industrial boiler. His only comment to the Design Engineer was "I hope that man is to British Standard, 5 foot 9 and right handed".

I have never bothered to find out whether there is a BS for such a thing but thought I'd share it with you lot.
British Standard, 5 foot 9 and right handed. It's funny that because in a British car (if there is such a thing) you would need to be 5ft odd, left handed and mainly right footed! !PUZZLED!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

ive just added the stand I mentioned to the market, here are a couple of extra photos as the market only allows one.

sstand1.jpg

sstand2.jpg

sstand3.jpg