Hello from Illinois

Tell us a bit about yourself.
bwh1956khk

Hello from Illinois

Post by bwh1956khk »

Hey how are you, thanks for this site. I'm Brian, I live in Rockford Illinois and LOVE old iron. I restore antique Willy's Overland and Knight cars, I love motorcycles, I have a 1956 H/D khk and 1958 H/D Sportser and some newer Harley Davidsons... Tons of antique tools. I restore furniture and horse drawn vehicles and have even built full scale American Civil War artillery pieces. I'm a retired Union Boiler Maker and worked the nuke plants coal fires and new construction... and now just do what I want... When I want...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Hello from Illinois

Post by badpenny »

Hi bwh1956khk …..

…...we're all fine thanks. You don't spell your name anything like the way it sounds.
You certainly have a diverse core of interests and I imagine are single?

Most of us live in top floor apartments of social housing complexes without lifts. So can only dream of owning anything bigger or heavier than an automatic desk calendar. Many a happy hour can be spent flipping it around and watching the dates tumble as we excitedly dream of the joys and exaltations that BREXIT will surely bestow upon us.

Your tool collection sounds wonderful, unlike my radio which has a whole hole in the hole where the speaker should be. Have you a complete set of unified thread screwdrivers? If not coppinpr will be along shortly and will offer to make you some. Don't let him make you an offer you can't refuse though or understand, he used to be a Family Butcher which is why most of us on here now are orphans.
I too have a couple of HDs one of which is an 80s Bobber/Chopper with an Evo 1340 on a kickstart, I could do with a hand with it. What time can I expect you?

I'd love to hear more about how you worked on the coalfires at the nuclear plants. I imagine it must be a bit like my Dad's job, he was born in a log cabin he helped Grandad to build and went on to drill holes in the bottom of boats to let the water out (before pumps were invented)
Well tea-break is over now and we all have to get back on our heads in the crap well. Don't forget to pop by whenever you want and post photos. We love photos, money or women, we don't care we just love photos.

BP !!YIPPEE!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Please forgive BP, he seems even worse than usual today. It's not so much he's not taking his meds but rather that he is... in large numbers.

Welcome to the best slot forum in the world (even our numerous colonial friends across the pond tend to agree that it is). Your interests and collection sounds great... but do you have any slots? If so, we would love to see them.
In a shameless plug for my own site (occasionally assisted by BP,and I use the word "assisted" in its loosest terms), you might find it interesting to take a look at the various mechanical works of some machines at www.penny-arcade.info
yaksplat

Post by yaksplat »

Another American... or yank? What are we again?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

You are "colonials", part of a British colony we have temporarily given the chance to see if they can govern themselves..... following events of the past two years we are reviewing our decision. :lol:
brigham

Post by brigham »

I had a Daimler with a Silent Knight engine, years ago. Very quiet, would set off in top.
Smoked a bit, though.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Don't tell me...."it went like the wind..only quieter". !!BRRRMM!!
brigham

Post by brigham »

Silent...
...but deadly!