Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
JC

Mechanical Memories Auction 2011

Postby JC » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:26 am

Well, here we are again, fast approaching the biggest annual event in the slotties calendar - the Mechanical Memories Magazine Central England Vintage Coin-Op Auction, on 27th November.
Subscribers to the magazine should all have received their Oct. issue by now, with entry form included.
Non subscribers should do one of two things:
1) Subscribe to the magazine.
2) Email me via this site for an entry form, should you have anything you wish to enter in the auction.

More updates in due course.

Jerry

terry

Re: Coventry 2011

Postby terry » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:40 am

Jerry, is there a new link to subscribe to the mag online as the one on this site doesn't appear to be working anymore? Regards. Terry.

JC

Postby JC » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:53 am

Not working, eh? Ok, we'll have to get that fixed. In the meantime, you can make a Paypal payment directly to my email address. I'll PM you.

All the best

Jerry

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 pm

As Jerry has intimated we're already getting some interesting and rare machines entered. A couple of Bryans including a Worlball plus a GW Double Six, and we haven't even started yet. !!YIPPEE!!

grabber

Postby grabber » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi
Is it possible to view the lots on line and can I buy a catalogue now?
Thanks,
The Grabber.

JC

Postby JC » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Hello Mike

As you will have read in the magazine, catalogues can be ordered at any time - in fact, over 40 people already have. Just remember that they will not be ready to post until a couple of weeks before the event.

Pictures as supplied by the vendors will be posted online. I'm not sure where at the moment - the last couple of years I've used my site http://www.mechanicalmemoriesmuseum.co.uk but this year I'm thinking of setting up a decicated site, it all depends on time (something I never seem to have much of).
Updates in due course.

JC

Postby JC » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:37 am

Time for a quick update. We are currently looking at about 200 lots and I know there are still more entry forms to come in, so it should be another good 'un. I’ll whet your appetites with some of the entries later, but for the time being, here’s what we HAVEN’T got: Olly Whales allwins! Probably for the first time in recent memory, there is not a single Whales allwin entered so far. So if you’re still thinking about what to enter, there’s an idea. But be quick though – the closing date is Monday 7th.

I know quite a few of you stay over on the Saturday or Sunday night. Sharron and I are booked into the Britannia Royal Court hotel, details below:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/britann ... fAodblA4Ig

So if anyone’s staying over this year, let me know nearer the time and perhaps we could meet up for a beer. !!CHEERS!!

JC

Postby JC » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:51 am

This year, we are very privileged to have on offer a number of machines from a private collection, which represent an important era in the early development of coin-operated amusement machines. This little beauty is a Pessers, Moody, Wraith & Gurr Improved Pickwick, c.1905
Cov. 11 PMW&G Improved Pickwick.jpg

grabber

Postby grabber » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi Jerry,
Is the catalogue ready to buy yet or can it be seen online?
Regards.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Jerry is currently wrestling with both the compilation of the catalogue and the magazine, he is on target.
Not wishing to add to his workload, but so far as on line is concerned, what usually happens is a selection of photos tends to be added to his website about the same time.

I'm sure he won't mind me stealing his thunder when I say that this year we have the largest and most varied collection of lots ever. Including machines that rarely come up for sale and that most of us won't have seen in the flesh before.

Best not miss this one and best bring your cameras.............. and cash of course.