Brighton Juke Box Fair and Retro Collectibles

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
malcymal

Brighton Juke Box Fair and Retro Collectibles

Post by malcymal »

Went to Brighton Juke Box Fair today at the racecourse, some wonderful machines, all be it rather expensive. Snapped some penny machines in case any of you recognise anything.
Attachments
Le Derby
Le Derby
Another Catcher
Another Catcher
Dont know about this one
Dont know about this one
Flick Ball
Flick Ball
Sega Clover
Sega Clover
Groetchen 21
Groetchen 21
Not so sure on this one
Not so sure on this one
Catcher
Catcher
The Exhibitionist
The Exhibitionist
The Trickler
The Trickler
malcymal

Re: Brighton Juke Box Fair and Retro Collectibles

Post by malcymal »

And a few more for you. If you want a bigger picture just let me know. I picked up the sellers numbers just in case you guys see something you liked. And if you like jukeboxes, i will put them pics on too. Malc
Attachments
Trade Machine
Trade Machine
Caille Roulette
Caille Roulette
Love the slogan Made in England with British Labour Throughout, we challenge anybody to prove otherwise!
Love the slogan Made in England with British Labour Throughout, we challenge anybody to prove otherwise!
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Hi Malc, good of you to post the pictures - I think I have seen some of these machines before either on ebay, the Bryans site or at the Jukebox Madness show (I think the sweetie allwin has been to at least the last 3 Madness shows). What did you make of the Brighton show; was it busy with customers and were there a lot of dealers. I have heard that previous shows have perhaps been a little quiet...anyone have any views on that??
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

I went early on Sat. It got quite busy by midday. Not much to interest slotties if Bob had not had a stall, mostly 50`s memorabillia and Jukes, worth going to catch up with friends and you never know! Prices were a little high I felt. Went and had a visit to Jerry who was pretty busy I`m pleased to say.
Attachments
juke show2.jpg
juke show1.jpg
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Coin-op wrote:Hi Malc, good of you to post the pictures - I think I have seen some of these machines before either on ebay, the Bryans site or at the Jukebox Madness show (I think the sweetie allwin has been to at least the last 3 Madness shows). What did you make of the Brighton show; was it busy with customers and were there a lot of dealers. I have heard that previous shows have perhaps been a little quiet...anyone have any views on that??
Yes, I was a bit disappointed by it all. I was sceptical of pricing before I went and realistically felt we weren't going to pick up a good deal. The only machine that interested me was a little Sega Clover Bell at £375 and that was the cheapest machine I saw apart from an old Beromat conversion that was very tatty at £180 with WD40 dripping out into the coin payout tray (not good). If you were a fifites rock and roll enthusiast you would've loved it. It wasn't for me. I think prices were over the top, but then again the Brighton luvvies wouldn't have been buying things for their value, but whether it fitted in nicely into their designer flats in Kemptown. I saw some Jennings machines there for 3k, yes looked very nice, but hardly show winners with pitted and tatty chrome. Disappointing show with quite a lot of the jukeboxes looking suspiciously like reproductions. Safe to say, I wont be going again.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Also went on Saturday without any intention of buying a slot, but interested in a gift for my brother's 50th who was a teddy boy in the 70s. The few slots that were there were staggering in price. One guy had two Jennings Chiefs in ok condition for around 3k each.
Bob's stall seemed to be doing well with most machines having sold by early afternoon. Even a Sega Playboy priced at £275 sold on a Jukebox stand. I agree though it was a pretty small affair, having never been to the Jukebox Madness show to compare.

I might go back next year and set up my own stall ;-)
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

tree-frog wrote:Also went on Saturday without any intention of buying a slot, but interested in a gift for my brother's 50th who was a teddy boy in the 70's. The few slots that were there were staggering in price. One guy had two Jennings Chiefs in ok condition for around 3k each.
Bob's stall seemed to be doing well with most machines having sold by early afternoon. Even a Sega Playboy priced at £275 sold on a Jukebox stand. I agree though it was pretty small affair, having never been to the Jukebox Madness show to compare.

I might go back next year and set up my own stall ;-)
Well, I suppose if you are fetching over the odds by selling there, it might be worth losing some of your treasures when you know you are going to make so much wonga you could buy an equivalent back and have enough cash to buy another good machine with the profit.. and so the cycle continues. On reflection, £275 for a Sega Playboy, well as has been said before on here, I guess it's a small price to pay if you like it and for what you are getting, a mechanical marvel which is quite good value in the grand scheme of things. Imagine how much you would pay today for something constructed from scratch. To think you can pay £220 for an Ipod touch that depreciates in value. Did you see any other younger bandits there in the same period as the Playboy?? Wasn't that a hopper payout??