Mills Futurity - A cheating Mills Bandit?

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Mills Futurity - A cheating Mills Bandit?

Post by pennymachines »

You should be able to work it out in your head. !PUZZLED!
Attachments
Bones-stats.jpg
quadibloc

Post by quadibloc »

badpenny wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:01 pmSo, what would be the odds of the dice in the window of a Buckley Bones coming up the same?
As we know, the Buckley Bones and the Bally Reliance didn't actually throw dice; it had reels which, instead of having reel strips with symbols printed on them, had little boxes with dice, the height of the transparent boxes being such as to prevent the dice from changing which number is on top.
Recently, I came across, on the web, an old ad for the Bally Reliance in Automatic Age magazine which actually claimed otherwise - that dice were actually thrown inside the machine. Since the publication was for operators and not punters, I'm rather surprised at that. (The particular advertisement was also shocking by comtemporary standards for other reasons.)
I don't happen to know the machine's "reel strip" layout, so I can't answer that question.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I say .... steady on old bean! :dapper:
Next you'll be suggesting some of them had false Jack pots on the front with coins you could never win! ... :o

BP !OMFG!
quadibloc

Post by quadibloc »

badpenny wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:14 amNext you'll be suggesting some of them had false Jack pots on the front with coins you could never win!
That would be the Seven Way Multi-Bell for one. I'm not knowledgeable enough to come up with more examples.

I see I missed your post where you gave its reel strip layout.

Left drum: 13 compartments.

2 appears once, 12 appears once, 11 appears once, 7 appears once. So there are two losses and two wins in which one does not get to see the second compartment.

4, 5, 66, 888, 9, 10 are the remaining numbers.

On the right drum, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10 each appear once, the rest of the compartments contain sevens.

Hence, not counting 7 in both compartments, as it doesn't work that way, the chance of making a point is 9/169.

Since the label speaks of putting one coin in for the left reel, and another for the right reel, do further coins re-roll the right reel until one either makes the point or a 7 comes up?

I let YouTube answer my question. I see you just put one coin in, and then you get to push the lever for free until you win or lose. And in looking that up, I learned even more... I learned about the even more rare Mills Dice machine.
mills

Post by mills »

quadibloc wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:43 pm Incidentally, although I had previously seen the French site that documented the Mills Bonus machine, the URL in the post above mine for it is no longer valid. I've added, therefore, more detail to what was a brief description of the Mills Bonus to my own page.

And now I've updated the page further to add what you've told me about the cams.
Oops !
The link is here now : https://retro-jackpot.fr/mills/horse-bonus/probabilités