Clown Catcher

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
willborl

Re: Clown Catcher

Post by willborl »

Hi all :D
Thanks for all the replies and info.
I have got it working as far as when you put a coin in the ball is released and the arm can now pick it up and put it into play.
Not 100% sure on the payout yet, not sure if any springs or levers are missing.
I think I will just leave the pump for now. I might have a go at trying to make one or modify something a bit later on when I have more time and patience.
As you can see from the picture, I have removed the sign which read, "Juggler's skill" and can clearly see the outline of the old sign. It looks like there were two parts to the sign. Does anybody have a picture of what the original sign looks like or even better a scan? That would be a great help.
Also I've never had to replace the glass of a machine. This might be a bit of a stupid question but how do you measure it correctly. Do you add 1cm or 2cm to the width and height of the "window" that the glass covers?
Lastly the mech is missing the magnet on the coin chute, is this important??

Thanks 8)
Attachments
P5170002.JPG
JC

Post by JC »

Apologies to Pennymachines for talking complete b****cks again :oops: , although in fairness, the gate or shutter seems to be missing from Willborl's machine, so that seems to require more urgent attention than the pump (and is far easier).
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

WillBorl wrote: Does anybody have a picture of what the orginal sign looks like or even better a scan? That would be a great help.
Hi Willborl :D , I am not sure if this is what you need :!?!: but most of the clowns I have seen have a sign with wording along the lines of this one, but there may be others, I hope it helps. :tarah:
Attachments
New Image.JPG
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

JC wrote:Apologies to Pennymachines for talking complete b****cks again :oops:
You know I love it when you talk dirty, Jerry.