Rare Irish find!!

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
terry

Rare Irish find!!

Post by terry »

A fellow collector in the South West has asked me to post this picture of a rare machine he has just imported from Ireland. He would be very grateful of any information on it.
Attachments
allwiniuio_(2).jpg
willborl

Re: Rare Irish find!!

Post by willborl »

Looks a little bit like a machine in the Carters arcade. Don't know much about it though, sorry.
Attachments
P5230045.JPG
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

It's an interesting looking game. Any chance your friend can describe the operation and provide better pictures?
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

The owner asked me to upload these further pictures
Attachments
Picture 139.jpg
Picture 138.jpg
Picture 136.jpg
Picture 137.jpg
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Wow! What a spectacular looking game. Part of the hardware looks similar to several of my Handan-Ni machines but not enough for a positive identification. My guess would be British first with German as a backup manufacturer. After that?? What is the "hazard" the instructions speak about? There has to be some manipulation available besides the ball launcher. Those are great pictures, thanks! Now, if we could just get a clear description of how the game plays and a shot or two of the interior mechanism............. :cool:
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

The owner has supplied these further pictures showing the mechanism and has provided the following comments
"I think we have established that this allwin is quite rare . now for the info-- it is a very large machine 24 inches wide x 36 inches high & very heavy. i am guessing it is 1920s & probably english [ the coin entry perhaps gives a clue to HANDANI or similar ] . ONLY 1 WINNING CUP ON THIS GAME.[ must have been a good money taker] . however if you miss the cup the ball drops onto the middle playfield where there is a small golf club , note that there is a small trigger on the bottom left of the machine, you flick this trigger and the ball is PUTTED up towards the hole in the centre , you get a coin & a free ball if you win. so only 2 x chances of winning. the instruction card is original and clearly states that you PUTT the ball . so after all that i think that this machine is possibly called GOLF or maybe HOLE IN ONE ?"
Attachments
Picture 133.jpg
Picture 132.jpg