Help wanted identifying a couple of machines

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
cheeky

Re: Help wanted identifying a couple of machines

Post by cheeky »

It all depends what you are trading for these machines. The Inter Space allwin is not particularly rare. For one, I have seen many of them being traded/sold for various prices from around £350 for a roughish one.

Not sure I would go for the Clock but again it all depends what you are trading.

Happy collectiing! :roll:
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

Hello Everyone.. I'm now going to bare my ignorance for all to see. Please be gentle we all had to start from scratch once upon a time.

The clock machine that I said I wasn't going to buy, well I managed to get a very good trade on it. Well, I think so anyway.

My question is, what do I have? I know that the cabinet is not original. I thought by comparing with pictures on the net that I have a 12 win clock. The handle, false jackpot and coin tray all seem to be from that machine. But I only have one hand and there is no manual stop facility.

It seems to be working reasonably well. The spin appears to be quite short and it seems to be paying out on a very regular basis. Okay for my 6 & 9 year old but I don't think any of the operators would have been happy.

Any help, cryptic clues etc. gratefully received.

Dave
Attachments
LPIC2459 [640x480].JPG
LPIC2463 [640x480].JPG
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Originally as a clock mechanism it would have had two clock hands equating to how a clock operates (and payouts would be 'on the hour'). However, when they converted it to a fruit symbol payout, the clock concept went out the window...so you then only need the one hand to land directly on a winning fruit symbol. So, they just took off the second hand (don't ask me if that means that it's no longer a second hand machine :mad: ).
As to the short spin cycle. Well, I guess that could be due to the speed of the rocker bar at the top of the mechanism...there is an adjustment for this. But study what's happening before adjusting anything (although the adjustment here is a simple affair so it's easy to backtrack).
Regarding the payout frequency; basically, it should only pay out when the handle lands on a fruit symbol...if this is what happens then basically it's playing and paying correctly. It may be that adjusting the rocker bar will sort that.
The stop button was a simple chromed button on the top which doesn't seem that effective, so I wouldn't be too concerned about that.
Anyway, these are my thoughts...someone else may have better ones!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

John T. Peterson wrote:I just want to go on record as saying that I am NOT one of the two American collectors Mr. PM referenced, only because my pockets are too shallow.
That's right - those American collectors were hypothetical and hypothetical collectors are not welcome here. :mrgreen:

Dave - have a look at this thread: Clock Jackpot and Skill Stop - it may answer some of your questions.

Although the top sign is an addition, I suspect your cabinet is original. It's just been tarted up at some time. I can't make out whether mouldings have been tacked to the top or if the whole top is new. The base looks fine and (apart from some patchy oak-faced veneer) the ply front looks OK. The jackpot mechanism should be attached to the inside of the case (possibly missing judging by the pic.) and although frequency of wins can't be reduced, the prizes can - by rotating the gold payout adjustment cam (visible on your mech). The spin is normally a few seconds only. It can be adjusted, as Coin-op says - the brake should come in just before the hand(s) run out of momentum.
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

Thank you gentlemen for your wise words.

Pennymachines - I think you may be right about the cabinet. The molding on the top is definately an add on and I have a little
sign that says "pennies only" where the skill stop button would have been.

My jackpot appears to be for decoration only although I will be exploring that a little closer at the weekend. The mech is secured in quite nicely to the cabinet by three bolts.

My hand however stops some time before the brake activates. Any clues there plse....

I've found the plate you spoke about that slides up and down to limit the payout.

Just one more thing.... The face does anyone replicate the cards?? I have checked the resources list and found the fruitbowl
and Bryans clock but not my particular face..

Thanks again

Dave
Bent Copper

Post by Bent Copper »

John T. Peterson wrote:On the bright side, what should I expect to pay for a BRYANS BUMPER? No, I don't have it in sight, yet, but I'm going to my grave believing one or more is here in the States.
You don't have one yet? You should have been in Colwyn Bay a few years ago.

That's where all us UK collectors got ours from.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Have a look at Melvyn Wrights website where there are a couple of photos of mechanisms and also a link to take you to an original Bryans Fruit Bowl instruction sheet, may not be of any use but nevertheless fascinating.
http://www.melright.com/bryans/bryspin.htm
As you mention, the jackpots were only for decoration.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Just one more thing.... The face does anyone replicate the cards?? I have checked the resources list and found the fruitbowl
and Bryans clock but not my particular face.
Here is a pic of your machines face Dave, not a particularly crisp one but perhaps a smart photoshop chappie can do something with it.
Attachments
Bryansfruit.jpg
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Arrgee wrote: As you mention, the jackpots were only for decoration.
The jackpots on clocks are working jackpots (they are hand fill jackpots). So there's no real reason why the jackpot on this machine is not active; it may be that the operator deactivated it so as to make more profit out of the machine....show the cash in the window, but don't pay it out!
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

Thanks for the picture of the clock face.. I'll have to see if I can do naything with it..

Still haven't had time to explore the jackpot because I've been too busy fiddling with my
latest machine.

I can down this morning and it was sitting in the corner. I think that My Inter Space and my clock must have
had a bit of hanky panky over night and produced my latest baby..

Could someone point me in the right direction for locks please.. I see them come up on Ebay.. Is that
the best place? Can they still be bought new from locksmiths etc.?

Thanks Dave
Attachments
LPIC2464 [640x480].JPG
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Original allwin locks seem very hard to come by. They do appear on ebay once and a while...although quite often similar style locks which do not have the off set barrel generally used on allwin machines are listed and bought enthusiastically (no doubt they can be used with a bit of chipping away at the back of the allwin door). If anyone knows of a source for allwin locks we'd all be interested (feel free to e mail me the details first...you know, just so I can test them out :twisted: ).