Roto Productions Quiko Wins identified

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
jimmycowman

Roto Productions Quiko Wins identified

Post by jimmycowman »

Who made this 1d machine? Looks late 60s.
Attachments
07022010753.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: who made this?

Post by pennymachines »

1960s Belgian, I think - maker's name anyone? Seem to recall a Quiko Wins together with a sister machine for sale at Classicamusements a year or two ago. Also one in New Zealand Sept 2008 (unsold).
oldschool

Re: who made this?

Post by oldschool »

O Wow!!.... I have only joined this website today.....but have already been able to solve 2 mysteries..... Your Quiko Wins machine......was put together by Roto Productions, Newmarket, Auckland, N.Z......

They also made a 6d Electro, 3d reaction tester, 1d Five Wins and more........all of which I have in my collection here in N.Z......... Of all the Roto produced games......the Quiko Wins and Electro are the rarest.......priced (N.Z.)$1000-$1500 for the Quiko and $2500 for the last Electro sold...... Well done.....it looks to be in great condition. (Email removed - site admin.)

Roto Productions....no longer exist....... The games have very similar cabinet design features, eg., the bevelled edge around timber cabinet, escutcheons.... The Electro has 'Made in Auckland' on the front glass.....and my reaction tester has ''Made by Roto Productions, N.Z.'' faintly engraved on the front chromed plate...... Best of luck....not Belgian.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Roto Productions Quiko Wins identified

Post by pennymachines »

Welcome to the Forum, Oldschool !!CHEERS!! Glad we found each other at last!
Thanks for correcting the misinformation I was spreading. It's great to have an authoritative identification. I'd love to see pictures of the other Roto machines you have.

Do you know if there were any other Kiwi slot machine manufacturers?

I've removed the email address from your posts, otherwise it will become unusable as your account gets flooded by Spam from the bots which trawl the internet harvesting addresses. Members can communicate directly with you via the pm or email functions of this Forum (see buttons, below).
oldschool

Post by oldschool »

Hi again....and thanks for removing email address.......

Yes, there were other manufacturers, eg: Roger Newman ''AMCO Machine Supplies'', Mt. Albert..... He is in his eighties now.....but his company supplied games such as: 'Magic Box' (1949) penny fortune teller....'Penny Golf' that he copied from an original English version that he found in the 50s.....and that I now own....'Bomb The Tank'. He also assembled 'Pot of Gold' (of which I own NO 1) and kicker catchers... He purchased 300 Marshall shooters directly from Chicago.......and as a gift he was given a bicentennial version as a thank you by the manager of the company at the time....who was sadly shot and killed a week later......so the gift machine was never assembled or played..... I now own this machine (still unplayed)..........

Other manufactures were: Ron Purdy who made the 'Skillball'. This was a very efficient machine....and I still own the display model he kept in his office.... Not many slot machine producers.... more wall games with gambling themes.... I have a few rare games: 'Penny Tank Buster' (Korean War), penny operated Bollands 'Rolling Road'...never seen another, 'Elevenses' castletop, 7 cup allwins, and plenty more.... I own an AMCO Machine Supply prototype 50s game....never seen before.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

That's fascinating. So there's a whole clutch of quirky vintage slots the rest of the world knows nothing about! .:*+*:.
Can't wait to learn more.

Posting pictures here is fairly easy. Main thing is to get them down to a reasonable file size first with image editing software. See How to Upload Images.
Attachments
quiko2.jpg
quiko2.jpg (14.11 KiB) Viewed 2636 times