Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
arrgee

Re: Novelty Merchantman Crane ??

Postby arrgee » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 am

Well done Martin, look forward to seeing the pics soon.

churchfayreuk

Postby churchfayreuk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:08 am

Motor in place:
0469.jpg

churchfayreuk

Postby churchfayreuk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:17 am

I'm now on the lookout for some old 10ps at the local boot sales so I can use the fitted Simplex coin chute.
I've just called an electrician to see if they can get me some old braided flex to replace the rubber coated someone fitted, plus replace the motor flex.
Its great to have it working - I've called a local sign-writer I've used in the past who is going to repaint the rear dock picture. You can see the original outline and I have a picture from James Roller.
I know it's not the original motor but at the moment it's all that I have, and it works.
0470.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:24 am

Fantesticles!!! !!THUMBSX2!!

grabber

Postby grabber » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi
There are some old Ten Pence's on ebay at the moment in the other coin operated section. Also I think you can get the material covered cable from B&Q.

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:21 am

10p for a polystyrene prize !! you should be quids in Martin.

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:10 am

I've got a bundle of old 2 shillings (Florin wasn't it?) somewhere in my collection of old coinage. Will have a look and see what I've got. Malc.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:14 pm

churchfayreuk wrote:I've just called an electrician to see if they can get me some old braided flex to replace the rubber coated someone fitted, plus replace the motor flex.
Bryans fan recently put me onto ebay sellers, savoyradio and lampsandlights, who stock a good range of cloth-covered cables and braided lighting flex.

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Before I spend countless hours at the computer !!JUNK!! - does anybody have a copy of this original 1933 Novelty Merchanman background art? I managed to get some ok partial photos like this one from inside a friends machine years ago but these are quite faded too and it will be a decent job to restore. Mine has almost faded away to nothing, luckily the hidden areas behind the ship still show the original colours. Jim Roller sells a copy but that was all hand painted by someone and not close enough to interest me. Cheers. !THUMBS!
novelty crane poster.JPG

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:23 pm

It was my impression that these were hand painted on tin originally and are therefore all a bit different.
ms.jpg
Anyway, I bought an old (unrestored) Merchantman a few years ago which had just that in the back of it. I scanned it (and filled in the bits which were cut out around the grab position indicator etc.), thinking that someone might find it useful, but never got around to uploading it. You're the second person to ask this year, so... here it is.
Hope it suits. :cool: