Replacment Lock for an Allwin

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
Bell House

Re: Replacment Lock for an Allwin

Post by Bell House »

slotalot wrote:
Bell House wrote:Yeah! its the small simple type and all the locksmiths want to do is drill it out. I have tried to pick it but have had no joy. there dosnt seem to be locksmiths that even want to try.
Hi Bell House, welcome to the forum, yes it would be a shame to drill the lock :tut could I ask where you are? maybe a local collector could help you with this , regards Stuart :byee:
Hi Yes any help would be great, I am just outside Royston in Hertfordshire
Bell House

Post by Bell House »

jingle wrote:send me a picture
i have loads of spare locks to
but maybe interested in buying the machine
send pic to
robhan@btinternet.com

thanks
Hi, yeah I will send over some pics latter
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

You could always try listing it on the auction or market facilities on this website.
rippyspennyarcade

Post by rippyspennyarcade »

GOOD Suggestion From Coin -Op ,Firstly Find Out Its Value, Then List On Here, Gives EVERYONE A Fair Chance !!!!
Bell House

Post by Bell House »

Thats the problem, Ive had it years and have no idea of value. I thought if I got the lock sorted and removed from the wall it could be looked at properly.
Bell House

Post by Bell House »

I am moving from the house down to France so needed to get the machine removed from the wall, the kids broke the key in it probably ten years ago. previously to that the machine was restored by a collector friend of a friend in north Wales. so I lost touch of the guy otherwise I would have got him to come and sort it for me. bottom line all the old pennies are still in it as well. the kids aint kids no more and the family have lost interest in it. im just the sad guy that loves gadgets. I have found a guy that say he will come over next tuesday and try to pick the lock for me. Lets see how we get on. Thanks everybody.