Chicagoland

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Chicagoland

Post by badpenny »

Incredibubble Gameswat ........

How have you contained yourself waiting for that lot to arrive? You must have forgotten what was there.
That consignment alone outstrips most of our collections.

I'm willing to bet the pipe organ thingy that Stuart asks about is a machine stand.

The Trainers fascinate me, we tend to see them individually lying by the side of the road.

BP
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Hey Slot, that pipe piece is a jukebox extention speaker made by the slot company Keeney about 1939/40 i think. I have a sneaking suspicion it's been tampered with a little or it could be the junior model? Later I found the design patent which shows an added section below what i have that shone light up onto the pipes. It's a rare piece though as a hardcore juke collector/ dealer friend in the US hadn't ever seen it when I stumbled on this one. He's since found a complete version which really looks killer. If mine has been tampered with maybe I'll replace the missing parts.

Still sore and aching after unpacking and moving all those machines but maybe will head out to the workshop tonight to start really looking over a few.......where to start though? I know, the French Josephine Baker roulette in stunning original cond that I eventually talked someone into selling me after first playing in 2007!
Attachments
usa freight 1.jpg
usa freight 2.jpg
usa freight 3.jpg
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Gameswat wrote:Hey Slot, that pipe piece is a jukebox extention speaker made by the slot company Keeney about 1939/40 i think.
Hi Gameswat :D , I have just had a good old google :woops: and I must say I feel a lot betters for it :D
Just found ths link !!JUNK!! it may be of interest to you when you get to restoring it !THUMBS!
[url]http://www.jukebox-world.de/Forum/Archiv/USA/keeney.htm[/url]
!!CHEERS!!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Thanks Slot, very bloody useful! It's funny but the photos of messed up machines are usually a lot more helpful because you can see what's going on under the paint etc.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Wow, some nice looking machines there....and two Brenners. The Stock Broker looks nice.....

I assume the lack of coin cups and some triggers was for shipping purposes
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Yeah Tree, I pack like Tetris, I don't like to either waste space or chance damaging anything fragile /semi-fragile like coin cups or triggers etc.

Believe it or not I went out of my way not to buy much on this trip.
lepingouinmecanique

Post by lepingouinmecanique »

the French Josephine Baker roulette in stunning original cond
The real name is POKER D'AS ( ACES POKER ) by french manufacturer LOUIS LOUBET - 1934
Need a cup ?
Attachments
LOUBET - POKER D'AS - PM.JPG
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Thanks lepingouin, great advert! And amazingly I just shipped home a set of alloy Roovers legs in this load but they are the short version for a stamper (dammit - shaking fist) . The long legs that I'm sure these were copied from were only used on the Roovers automatons like the Puss in Boots so they are really rare. I have the cup thanks, but I am missing the token chute and the coin return chute to the cup. If you have one then a few pics would be great to see how they should look, or better still the spare parts!! This machine is in truly lovely original condition all over, the mech needs a full clean as it's jamming with old grease but otherwise very nice. cheers ,
Attachments
poker d'as.JPG
poker d'as mech.JPG
poker d'as coin.JPG
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hey Gameswat, if you keep posting these pictures, I'm going to stop looking at your threads. You're making me unspeakably jealous! :x
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

pennymachines wrote:Hey Gameswat, if you keep posting these pictures, I'm going to stop looking at your threads. You're making me unspeakably jealous! :x
Me too - and we're only three hours away from one another.
As for Puss in Boots' legs,,,, rarer than hen's teeth Gameswat,,,, but I'm sure I've seen them somewhere... >!!???!!< You would've too I'm sure?
Stunning piece!

Great thread.
andydotp.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Is it too late for Seller's Regret, Gameswa?
Does she miss me? Ask about my welfare?

J Peterson
Jilted by Josephine
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

JP, too little too late. She badly needs servicing, and the kind of touch only an expert can offer. I won't be letting her slip through my hands. I think the saying here is "A fool and his treasure are easily parted?"

And Mr PM, I feel so sad for you roughing it over there in the UK, the country that invented the coin-op industry. With only a handful of dedicated auctions each year to attend. And collections to visit within driving distance in the UK and Europe. How awful for you!? Good grief, you guys have it so good. In all my years of collecting I've only ever had about 5 semi serious collectors and one really serious collector visit me in person. Just not quite the same showing off machines by photos only.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

But seriously JP, I owe you big time for all the machines you allowed me to ship home! As you know they are few and far between here in any condition. And enough future work to keep me busy for quite a while. And there will be a bunch of Aussie collectors down the road that will be very happy to own one or two of those allwins. Thank you!! cheers .
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I'm your biggest fan, Rory. You are one of a kind.

jp
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

John T. Peterson wrote:You are one of a kind.
Yes JP, prototype that never took off. :burp:

Been busy on the Keeney organ speaker from the US haul. Decided to go ahead and finish the damn thing properly by adding back the lost base trim. Incomplete cool stuff is like a red rag to me that's for sure! !!RANT!! Very rare so figured nobody else would probably ever do it, especially now it's in OZ. Plus I had the full Design Patent which is exactly to scale and as thorough as they come right down to glue joints. Used the measurements from my case to scale the Patent up to life size and made my plans from there. Hand made my own router bit to match that triple fluting profile. Worked ok but could def improve next time. While stripping the last few days I found the original paint which is an olive green hammerite style effect but very thinned, plus off white airbrushed marbelling on the lid, which should also be on the base trim that I'm replacing. Score, didn't know that until last night!! Couple of lights go in the front balcony to light it up. Should look killer when done.
Attachments
organ.JPG
organ.JPG (19.09 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
keeney speaks restore 1.jpg
keeney speaker patent.jpg
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Gameswat :D , It's looking good !THUMBS!
But wouldn’t they have been in pairs? :oops:
Sorry I couldn’t resist that. \|\/|/
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

With Chicagoland show just finished over the weekend, I am sure this topic has come up before, but there is nothing similar in the U.K......closest are the few Jukebox shows, but have little slot interest. I wonder why nothing has ever kicked off here. It probably would need to cover pinballs, jukes and general collectables etc, but a large fair rather than an overpriced fancy venue.....always seems a shame as reckon many people would consider turning up with a trailer or van and selling its and pieces....we only have antiques fairs which are lucky dips and too broad.....

Of course would have to be a summer event :cool:
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

Agreed with treefrog 100%.
Steve hunt used to do his rusty nuts rummage, perhaps this type of thing could be resurrected?
I wouldn't worry too much about the weather?
Our Cousins over at Chicagoland meet up at 5am in snow and ice on the first day to make pre show deals.
Would be great if we could have a yearly event like this, bring even more new faces to the hobby!