Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
koolego

Buchanan 'The Australia' identified

Postby koolego » Thu May 31, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi,

Mark is my name, I am new to coin operated hobbies. My father was a poker machine mechanic for many years at the local club of which I can recall spending many early mornings in the club before it opened playing with the machines and counting money into trays.

While cleaning my dad's estate in the country 40 mins south of Tamworth, N.S.W., I found two old poker machines next to a chook shed. When I started to move the "Australia" poker machine a big rat jumped out of the back then stopped, looked at me and then ran off into some hay. Not sure what the rat was thinking but "I guess rats love Pokies too!"

I have such wonderful memories playing with them at home when I was a kid.
I am planning to restore them and put them into my games room. The experience has sparked my interest in Antique coin machines so I am on the look out for more.

A member "BadPenny" suggested I share some images on this site, so here they are.

Sorry about the size, I keep it big so you can read it.........Enjoy.

DSC_5696.png
More images can be found at http://mobilise.net/pokie/pokie18xx.html
Will have to send images once they are restored.

Mark.

andydotp

Re: Found next to a chook shed - The Australia

Postby andydotp » Thu May 31, 2012 12:30 pm

Mark, Hi.
Glad you found the site and what a great first post.
Welcome aboard, am sure you'll be welcomed by 'tothers,,,, when they get up dirtdog ,,, (watch out for 3AM PMs from that BP chap tho'). !!ESCAPE!!

funky

Postby funky » Thu May 31, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi koolego.... ace looking machine you got there. Bet that will look fantastic when you get it restored. Good luck with the restoration! !THUMBS!

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu May 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi koolego .......

Glad you found us, been waiting for you to turn up since we bumped into each other in Americaland.

Lovely photo'mapictures.
Welcome to the most helpful and friendly site for slotties this side of the map.

Badpenny

andydotp

Postby andydotp » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:01 am

Quote: "I guess rats love pokies too,,, I have wonderful memories of playing with them as a kid"

Wot?
And they never bit you mate? :lol:

koolego

Postby koolego » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:57 pm

8-)

That's playing with the pokies and not the rats... Not sure playing with rats would be fun.

camact

Buchanan 'The Australia' identified

Postby camact » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:22 am

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Would anyone have any idea what year this machine was released and if it was made in Australia or imported? Many thanks

gameswat

Re: Nutt & Muddle 'The Australia'

Postby gameswat » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:00 am

Cam, you need to post a photo or two as the name might have been added later, who knows without seeing what it actually is?

camact

Postby camact » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:26 am

They certainly need some work.
IMG_3069a.jpg
IMG_3068a.jpg
IMG_3066a.jpg
IMG_3063a.jpg

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:52 am

I will be the wrong person to respond on these, but my untrained says these look like some rare old early cast machines and to have a pair of them.

Can’t believe they are Nutt and Muddle who made poker machines from the 1950s.... These look half a century earlier. Is the name written somewhere? I would have guess these are from the US possibly... For some reason, in the back of my head I have seen one of these before.... You could be sitting on a gold mine there. I assume you are in Aus? !PUZZLED!