Arnold Auto Talkie

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
arrgee

Re: AUTO TALKIE

Post by arrgee »

What a lovely looking machine John, where do you find them !!

I shall look forward to your Talkie travails article when complete.

Richard

ps. I seem to recall that you were writing an article about British war games some time ago, has this been posted yet or have I missed it?
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Hello Richard,

My apologies for taking so long to respond to your kind comments. I was hiding from my own indolence, hoping it would eventually dissipate. It finally has. I've just completed another article on war games called "Band of Brothers." I have submitted it to "Mechanical Memories Magazine" for future publication. I would strongly encourage all who love coin-op games to also support and subscribe to the only publication in the UK devoted to these fabulous games from your glorious past.

Kind regards,

John Peterson, USA

PS Auto Talkie is still refusing to speak; probably because I have not done anything with it for over a year now. In my next life, I'm planning on being a mechanical genius with lots of tools.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Hello John,

No problem about the delay, I shall look forward to receiving the MMM edition that contains the article, I wrote a short article a while ago about the Southport Arcade entiled A Grand Day Out. I know that Jerry is always grateful for additional material and for anyone out there that has not seen Mechanical Memories Magazine, your are certainly missing an extremely good reference source. (check out the Archive section of this site and click the Magazine drawer, bottom right)
john t peterson wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:52 pmPS Auto Talkie is still refusing to speak; probably because I have not done anything with it for over a year now. In my next life, I'm planning on being a mechanical genius with lots of tools.
I would also add 'with a deep pocket' to that as well John.

regards

Richard