Davel "Odd Ball Junior"

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
rjcomp2001

Davel "Odd Ball Junior"

Post by rjcomp2001 »

Hello ALL,

Question for help please,

I have an 'Odd Ball Junior' (Pre flipper Pin Table) in good condition externally, but have a few problems developed with possibly the transformer, and wiring, has worked OK for some years until now.

The machine was produced in 1938 by Daval MFG, and is on a 1d play.

I have a small private collection of machines purchased over the years, but this one is electro mechanical and I know very little about that type of work.

Can anyone help with repair or restoration of the electrical fault?

I am prepared to deliver or travel, and of course pay for there time.

Pictures are also available if you require them, just email me.

Thank you in anticipation
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi,
By coincidence this morning a friend gave me the business card of an electrician (domestic, commercial & industrial) who's into pinball machines - repairing, buying and selling. He's in Trowbridge, Wiltshire, so not impossibly far.

I'll PM his details to you. Let me know how you got on if you use him.
rjcomp2001

Post by rjcomp2001 »

:cry:

Thanks for your lead.

Called spoke to the gentlemans wife (very nice to talk to),

But sorry to say after contacting his home, three times, and a promise of a return call, this never happened.

So still looking for help Please.

Regards

Terry
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

They aren't difficult to fault-trace if you have a multimeter. Could you not have a go yourself? I'm not familiar with this particular machine but many faults on EM machines are caused by burnt-out windings and can usually be cured by swapping coils around, and then rewinding the least important one.

The other fault I have found which regularly affects EM machines is that for some reason certain people insist on oiling relay and solenoid plungers.

EM relays should never be oiled.

If I lived closer and had more time I would take a look and I'm happy to help through the forum but I can't see myself getting up your way anytime soon!
rjcomp2001

Odd Ball Junior

Post by rjcomp2001 »

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry electrics and me are a none starter, I don't touch them, but I am into computers, and Mechanical machines, and I am getting on in years so seen many in my life, and when younger worked in Mechanical arcade.

If ever you have any spare time, let me know, as I travel to Ramsgate quite a lot, as my son lived in Margate, but now has moved to Ramsgate, And I am quite happy to travel and pay for the work, to any one who does know this type of machine. Ow and by the way there seems to be NO sign of oiling, but in did overheat when left on one night, then only half the electrics worked.

Regards

Terry