Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
malcymal

Genco pinball machines

Postby malcymal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Just came across this video on YouTube today which was lucky as I have come across somebody who has one of these machines for sale today.
Its table top size and works on the old penny; fully working order. The only thing i could see missing was the rear wooden panel that goes on the back of the score panel, covers up wires but easily made. Anybody know as to what these things are worth paying for? They wanted £300?!?! Tempted to make purchase as its rather charming. Thanks, malc

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Flying Scot 1930's Early Genco Electric Pinball

Postby badpenny » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:48 am

I go on the principal that it's worth what I'm happy to pay. :lol:

jingle

Postby jingle » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 am

malc if the guy who's selling it
lives around colchester ish way
i sold it him 1 month ago, which i thought was cheap
for 200 and it never worked[untested] but looked complete
and was in nice condition
if he has got it working and
and he travelled a bit to meet me
its got to be worth 300
get it bought lad

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi Jingle, dont think its same machine as this is down in porstmouth and its been with the seller for a good few months at least. I remember catching a glimpse of it back in december when i picked up a rialto. Thanks for your reply. Going to get back there next week and make a decision. Two machines im interested in, this one and something far more interesting a dual player german wall mount flick ball job where if you reach a high score you get a fortune card paid out. SOmething a bit more spectacular but of course not as old as the genco. Malc

jimmy55

Genco pinballs

Postby jimmy55 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi Folks, I am new to the forum, having just acquired two machines in as many weeks. The first is maybe a little late for this forum (1980 Bally Black Jack pinball) but the second is a 1939 Genco 'Airport' pinball. It's an ebay purchase and took me on a near 400 mile round trip to collect, but it's now safely in the workshop awaiting a good internal inspection. It has been dry stored for 18 years but looks in good original condition... just very grubby! What the wiring will reveal is another matter, but I will take pictures as I go along.

Would love to hear from anyone with similar machines. I am in North Norfolk and lucky to have The Robin Hood as my local pub which has a huge variety of coin machines from the landlord's collection on display. I have seen it mentioned in other threads on your forum.
All the best, Jim.
Genco-airport.jpg
Genco Airport

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: New member, new pinball!

Postby pennymachines » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi Jim and a warm welcome to pennymachines.co.uk!

The artwork on Genco pinballs is splendid and, judging by your picture, in extraordinarily good condition on your machine. It will be a real beauty once it's tidied up. The airport theme has great historical interest.

Pinball graphics really took off (if you'll forgive the pun) once electricity was incorporated in the late 1930s with the arrival of bumpers and light-up back-glasses.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi Jim, likewise, good to have you on board.

I've got a 1964 Gottlieb in the front room, and somewhere there's a couple of 1930s electric ones like yours, only smaller. I've not looked at them since I got them a mere two and a half years ago.
I really should make more effort, if only to remember where they are.

Badpenny

special when lit

Postby special when lit » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Looking forward to seeing this one done. I restore '50s/'60s EM pinballs, but I've never done anything this early, so will be interesting to see it restored.
Don't be shy with the photos!

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Here's another very attractive Genco from the same year which I believe now belongs to one of our forum chums.
genco flying scot.jpg
Genco Flying Scot

jimmy55

Postby jimmy55 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:29 pm

Many thanks for the words of welcome and encouragement guys.
I have uploaded some detailed pics to my website after a quick peek inside this afternoon http://www.endofthepier.co.uk/airport.html
I can see some areas that I will ask for advice on but I will post these in the correct heading as my mind clears!
Thanks again, Jim.