Genco pinball machines

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Genco pinball machines

Post by badpenny »

I believe this is the first time we've heard about a 3D printer produced item, I wonder how common this kind of comment will become?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

This handsome 1934 Genco Corp. Gridiron pinball machine was for sale at Nicholas Mellors Auctioneers Limited on 27 Feb (estimate £400-600).
I don't know the outcome.
Lot 376 A Genco Grid Iron pinball machine the wooden case containing surface printed and painted with kicking footballer, painted Grid Iron, chromium plated shoots and metal guiding bars, Ten Balls 1D, printed Genco inc., Chicago, USA, playing area 90cm x 38cm, 104cm x 48cm overall, 106cm high max (some later alterations)
Attachments
376-201421318647_original.jpg
bwh1956khk

Post by bwh1956khk »

Hello I've got two Captain Kidd's and one Victory and could use some help with my C/K I have it scoring mostly but am not sure why I can't get it to score past 70,000 or so... I'm not sure if it would go that far or would it "reset it self after the score wheels limited out ? And I'm lucky to have all of the correct caps with the correct numbers and letters but two dead post are repo's and I need to replace the roll over lanes with the plastic covers but otherwise SHE'S BEAUTIFUL.i would love to find a play card or get a copy of one and if it's not appearent I am new to this sight and pinballing so PLEASE forgive me for my excitement but just love the fact that I'm saving this machine when I found her she was left for dead but that's another story anyway thank you for your help Brian W.Henson
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Brian and welcome. We have a few members on board here versed in the mysteries of electromechanical games, including pinball (as you can see from this 7 page topic). No doubt they can advise about specific problems you may encounter, but as this is a predominantly British slot machine community, we don't often encounter early Genco pinballs. I must admit, I had to visit the Internet Pinball Database to discover what a Captain Kidd and Victory look like. Can we see some pictures?
bwh1956khk

Post by bwh1956khk »

IMG_20190109_133718092a.jpg

Attachments
IMG_20190112_171850620a.jpg
IMG_20181212_155952325a.jpg
jubileeriviera1

Post by jubileeriviera1 »

Hi,
anyone got a Genco Flying Scot picture of the backglass in high resolution they are willing to email me?
jubileeriviera1

Genco Flying Scot

Post moved & merged - Site Admin.

Any Genco Flying Scot pinball owners out there?
jackie3896

Re: Genco Flying Scot

Post by jackie3896 »

Hi,

I don’t have a Flying Scott, but I do have four other Gencos of the same period, so if you think that might be of any help, then please ask questions.

Happy to help if I can.

Chris
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

jubileeriviera1

Anyone got a spare back glass for the Flying Scot Pintable or willing to make me a scan from their backglass? Anyone living in Ipswich Suffolk would be ideal, as a guy there can make basically a brand new backglass, no scrapes or chips or worn parts etc., but he needs a broken or damaged glass to work with to do this.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

jubileeriviera1 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:46 am ...or willing to make me a scan from their backglass.
The link above your post is to an image of the Flying Scot backglass.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Yes it is PM, but far too blurry to work from.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I mentioned it because jubileeriviera1 didn't acknowledge that he'd seen it. I see BF has had another go.
A flatbed scan would be ideal but beyond what most can offer.
jubileeriviera1

Re: Genco Flying Scot

jackie3896 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:33 pm Hi,

I don’t have a Flying Scott, but I do have four other Gencos of the same period, so if you think that might be of any help, then please ask questions.

Happy to help if I can.

Chris
Hi Chris have you ever came across one yet. Just saw your message now. Are you looking to sell any you have
jackie3896

Post by jackie3896 »

Hi Jubileeriviera1,

Somehow I missed your last post, not sure how.

Sorry, I'm not looking to sell any of my Gencos right now.

Did I see from a previous posting that you were looking for legs for your Airport ? I didn't see the date and only glanced through, but did you source any ? They are a scarce commodity now and I'm sure many of the smaller Gencos were 'counter top' machines that didn't have any legs. I made my own. Only one of my machines came with legs so I used them as a template and made new ones for the other machines. They look great.

Chris.
jappie

Post by jappie »

Hi people! I'm new on this forum, so I hope this post complies with the rules.

I've owned a Genco Big League for 12+ years now. It's in great shape and working. In the years of owning it, I have never come across a second example. There's probably more of them somewhere, but I doubt there's any in this condition. Which is why I decided to document the machine and its gameplay.

It took me quite a lot of time to create the video I wanted, as I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to video editing. But: but it's finally done!

Hope you enjoy it.

moonriver

Post by moonriver »

Great video! I enjoyed watching that
jappie

Post by jappie »

Thank you! Happy to hear. It's what I make them for. :D
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Fantastic video, a lot of time and effort must have gone into producing such an amazing, in depth look at the actual gameplay.
Well done! !!GOODJOB!!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Nice video and use of light !!THUMBSX2!! …. Boy you would need a degree to understand this game. :shock: