Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
treefrog

Toy slot machines

Postby treefrog » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:49 pm

I have seen the plastic toy allwins for sale many times, but this is a little more unusual. Anyone see one before?

TOY ALLWIN
It works on the large old English 1d penny.
When coin is inserted the steel ball drops out for play.
With the small spring loaded lever, you then 'flick' the ball into the playfield.
If the ball lands in any of the scoring cups, the ball is returned.
If the ball misses the scoring cups, the ball is returned.
If it lands in the cup marked '0' ball is retained and game is over....Great Fun!!
The back is marked :- D.C.M.T. LTD, CRESCENT. Made in England.
A screw at each end enables removal of base for coin retrieval.
All metal, with perspex playfield front...about 5" wide x 6" high x 2 1/2" deep
toy-allwin.jpg

longbobongo

Re: Toy Allwin

Postby longbobongo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Never seen one before, Looks intresting !

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:06 am

Yes I used to have one of those, I bought it at a collectors' fair for £12 it had better paint as well.

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:34 am

They have cropped up on ebay a couple of times in the past, if memory serves they usually go for around £10 to £20.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:20 am

They have cropped up on ebay a couple of times in the past, if memory serves they usually go for around £10 to £20.
Bryans fan, perhaps this toy treasure would be deemed a little rarer, ok perhaps not as cheap. and maybe the pertrol costs would be a little higher when collecting..... :cool:

HIDDEN TREASURE
hidden-treasure.jpg

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:53 am

Hi, :D I have seen them in our local antiques centre from time to time, again about £8.00 to £12.00 in good condition... that's the die cast allwin...not the Hidden Treasure.....I do know what D.C.M.T. stands for....if it helps!!! “ Die Cast Machine Tools “Ltd... Yet another useless piece of information from my misspent youth :NBG:

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:11 am

The dealer who sold it to him at a collectors fair must have been laughing all the way if he really did pay £100....Nice novelty item.....Now that Hidden Treasure.........

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi tree-frog

Obviously this treasure wasn`t hidden well enough, as I too found it this morning. I was a bit surprised as I watched it "sell" a few weeks ago! Surely the American sellers are not as sneaky as the English ebayers?
Well John?!

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Sneaky? Americans? My goodness, we wrote the book! Remember, our national creed was proclaimed by that famous carnival man, PT Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute." Amen, PT.

The case presented here is a little different. This seller is the same who sold a Bryans's "Hidden Treasure" about a month ago for $1,950 on a "Buy it Now" option. At the time, I was surprised (to say the least) at the price that this game fetched, even if only from one bidder. Now, the seller has a second "Hidden Treasure" up (picture shown) and he's found a bidder coughing up an opening bid of $2,950. Goodness!

I've had a conversation with the seller and I'm convinced he's legitimate. He purchased these two games fairly recently here in the US. One of them was offered on Melvyn Wright's site for over a year with no takers due to the unrealistically high asking price. He purchased the other from a well known US collector.

What this tells me is I have no feel for the state of the US market for British games. I would have bet good money that the first game would never have sold for what it did, and now the second machine is going for 50% more. I'm astonished!

But I'm also elated. Due to the phenomenal increase in the value of English coin-op games in the United States, I hereby put my total collection up for sale! Now! It's over 85 machines and the price starts a 1.5 million US dollars. Suckers...I mean "astute purveyors of British treasures, hidden or otherwise," send me your bids!

PT Peterson
Your American Carnival

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Newsflash: :shock:

The electrons were not dry on the screen before I see that Hidden Treasure #2 has sold for $3,950 USD. As we used to say down South, "Well, shut my mouth!"

My asking price for "THE PETERSON COLLECTION" has just increased to 2.5 million.

Please, take a number and wait patiently. Someone will get back to you eventually.

J PT Peterson
Your newest American Millionaire