Toy slot machines

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
treefrog

Toy slot machines

Post by treefrog »

I have seen the plastic toy allwins for sale many times, but this is a little more unusual. Anyone see one before?

TOY ALLWIN
It works on the large old English 1d penny.
When coin is inserted the steel ball drops out for play.
With the small spring loaded lever, you then 'flick' the ball into the playfield.
If the ball lands in any of the scoring cups, the ball is returned.
If the ball misses the scoring cups, the ball is returned.
If it lands in the cup marked '0' ball is retained and game is over....Great Fun!!
The back is marked :- D.C.M.T. LTD, CRESCENT. Made in England.
A screw at each end enables removal of base for coin retrieval.
All metal, with perspex playfield front...about 5" wide x 6" high x 2 1/2" deep
Attachments
toy-allwin.jpg
longbobongo

Re: Toy Allwin

Post by longbobongo »

Never seen one before, Looks intresting !
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Yes I used to have one of those, I bought it at a collectors' fair for £12 it had better paint as well.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

They have cropped up on ebay a couple of times in the past, if memory serves they usually go for around £10 to £20.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

They have cropped up on ebay a couple of times in the past, if memory serves they usually go for around £10 to £20.
Bryans fan, perhaps this toy treasure would be deemed a little rarer, ok perhaps not as cheap. and maybe the pertrol costs would be a little higher when collecting..... :cool:

HIDDEN TREASURE
Attachments
hidden-treasure.jpg
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi, :D I have seen them in our local antiques centre from time to time, again about £8.00 to £12.00 in good condition... that's the die cast allwin...not the Hidden Treasure.....I do know what D.C.M.T. stands for....if it helps!!! “Die Cast Machine Tools Ltd."... Yet another useless piece of information from my misspent youth. :NBG:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The dealer who sold it to him at a collectors fair must have been laughing all the way if he really did pay £100....Nice novelty item.....Now that Hidden Treasure.........
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Hi tree-frog

Obviously this treasure wasn't hidden well enough, as I too found it this morning. I was a bit surprised as I watched it "sell" a few weeks ago! Surely the American sellers are not as sneaky as the English ebayers?
Well John?!
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Sneaky? Americans? My goodness, we wrote the book! Remember, our national creed was proclaimed by that famous carnival man, PT Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute." Amen, PT.

The case presented here is a little different. This seller is the same who sold a Bryans's "Hidden Treasure" about a month ago for $1,950 on a "Buy it Now" option. At the time, I was surprised (to say the least) at the price that this game fetched, even if only from one bidder. Now, the seller has a second "Hidden Treasure" up (picture shown) and he's found a bidder coughing up an opening bid of $2,950. Goodness!

I've had a conversation with the seller and I'm convinced he's legitimate. He purchased these two games fairly recently here in the US. One of them was offered on Melvyn Wright's site for over a year with no takers due to the unrealistically high asking price. He purchased the other from a well known US collector.

What this tells me is I have no feel for the state of the US market for British games. I would have bet good money that the first game would never have sold for what it did, and now the second machine is going for 50% more. I'm astonished!

But I'm also elated. Due to the phenomenal increase in the value of English coin-op games in the United States, I hereby put my total collection up for sale! Now! It's over 85 machines and the price starts a 1.5 million US dollars. Suckers...I mean "astute purveyors of British treasures, hidden or otherwise," send me your bids!

PT Peterson
Your American Carnival
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Newsflash: :shock:

The electrons were not dry on the screen before I see that Hidden Treasure #2 has sold for $3,950 USD. As we used to say down South, "Well, shut my mouth!"

My asking price for "THE PETERSON COLLECTION" has just increased to 2.5 million.

Please, take a number and wait patiently. Someone will get back to you eventually.

J PT Peterson
Your newest American Millionaire
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

i got one off ebay a couple of years ago and paid £18 for it{toy allwin} thought it would look good on top of a allwin,till i got it. but ive spent £18 on worse investments
longbobongo

Post by longbobongo »

terry

Post by terry »

This one even says it vends 1d which of course it doesn't. It did push the price up to £41 though which shows that a little bit of lying on ebay can be a very profitable ploy!!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well yet another in even better condition has reached £48..... I can only assume the selling of reminds people of that thing on the back of their shelves they must get rid of.... I must start doing that with some the slots I have accumilated

MUSEUM PIECE
Attachments
toy-allwin.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

T'is the season of "Car Boot"

Post by badpenny »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Constant is the disappointment of espying yet another wooden bathroom cabinet from the rear!

Have you ever stumbled across a gem at a car boot sale?
slotalot

Re: T'is the season of "Car Boot"

Post by slotalot »

Badpenny wrote:Have you ever stumbled across a gem at a car boot sale?
I have going to car boots for over 20 years, I have seen a few machines over the years but always found that I paid less for the house I live in than they were asking for the machines....... if you know what I mean :!?!:
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

I go car boots a lot and never seen any machines - they are good places to get old pennys though !!THUMBSX2!!
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

The car boot used to be the source of bargains but due to fleabay I'm finding now that car boots just consist of crud that ebayers cannot sell. The landscape of the car boot is far removed from how it was about five years ago. What I find now is that car boots are full of dealers with inflated prices; how many times I've heard the quote, "one of them went for a hundred quid on ebay last week" - hence their prices are set to what they believe the item is worth because of ebay. I asked a bloke at a boot fair the other day, "how much you want for that?" He replied "well, they are 40 quid on ebay, plus six quid postage, so you can have it for £30." Ummm.... this is a car boot, I'm here, I can pick it off your table... no way postage!!!! I've seen many fruit machines for sale at boot fairs, big modern pub machines. I once saw a vintage pachinko but couldn't test its operation. I also saw a Pussy Shooter for £200 but it was well scrappy. When the old bill turned up at Ford car boot the other week you could notice the sweat on some dealers and sudden removal of boxes from tables back into the closed boot.
jingle

Post by jingle »

Malc, you saw a Pussy Shooter for 200 and never bought it, did you say then?
They're 1500 to 2000 and prob more :oops:
Even 10 years ago they were that price lad.
Might go to the Ford next weekend !!ESCAPE!! It's more of a cheap antique fair than a car-boot.
I have been 3 times and done really well there. You're lucky it's on your doorstep and it's free to look - the one by me is 20 pounds to sell and 2.80 for a car to get in and look about :evil: He's the tightest farmer in the UK.
spintop

Post by spintop »

Bought a repro allwin at a boot-sale a few years ago and also bought a 1980s cigarette vending machine. I saw a 1950s German one-arm-bandit-looking wall machine the other day that the buyer said was £150, and yes, fully working mate - but when I tried it, it never worked and seemed jammed up !! , Looked at a rusty old non working one-arm-bandit that some guy wanted £40 for - no thanks. Seen plenty of those 1970/80s small red plastic bubble gum vendors that seem to turn up at car-boots. Still looking for that rare Bryans bumper slot machine at my local booty - you never know !!
Last edited by spintop on Fri May 21, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.