1940s Groechen IMP trade simulator

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
gameswat

Re: 1940s Groechen IMP trade simulator

Post by gameswat »

The link was just one example of many that turned up on the first google page with nearly all displaying a 1940 date. I couldn't be bothered going three feet away to my library to look it up. Obviously you can't believe the first thing you see online, or in print, or from the users here, but doesn't take a genius to check a few sites and compare the results.
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

Yep totally understand ;)
yaksplat

Post by yaksplat »

Just picked up a cheap Imp off of ebay. Needs a little work, but everything is there.
Attachments
IMG_20200129_173630.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Great machine. You got a good buy there I think. Just about the very last throw of the dice for the Groetchen Tool Co, issued in 1947 and re vamped into the "Atom" (the "in" word at the time) both advertised as the smallest slot machine ever, but the trade stim days were over.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

while on the subject of the Groetchen Tool Co, Ive been trying for years to find a photo of their very last machine for my www.penny-arcade.info web site. does anyone happen to have a photo of their "Corona Blue Bell" slot machine I could use?
yaksplat

Post by yaksplat »

I've got the mechanism working well, but I'm just soaking the seal in the cylinder in oil. There was no resistance when I bought it, so it's well on its way to being operational again.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I find increasing resistance when I buy these things. :-(
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Not quite sure what you mean here PM? The US collectors have complained for a while about how cheap trade stims have become these days so I assume you don't mean lots of competition in the UK trying to buy them? I've owned a small amount but worked on quite a few for customers and usually found them quite boring, especially when compared with the complexity of multiple payout machines and many arcade games. So is your resistance your own lack of interest then? :!?!:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I can see the appeal in some of these machines as their are some great designs, but I have never owned one myself and may never will as I either like gambling machines or interesting skill games. Also machines that have operated here in U.K.

The great thing in terms of collectibility of these is space and variety. You could build some shelves and fill them with sims... Never seen any on UK coinage... anyone...?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

gameswat wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:29 pm Not quite sure what you mean here PM?
Sorry - Yaksplat said there was no resistance when he bought it. It's a different story at my house when I buy such things...
yaksplat

Post by yaksplat »

No resistance from the compressed air in the piston. No seal, no compression, no resistance.

My wife wasn't resistant to my purchase either, but that was just because she didn't see it until it was already operational again :HaHa: