Bargain Bandit

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
slicknick

Bargain Bandit

Post by slicknick »

DSCF8252.JPG

I picked this up in a 2nd hand shop. It wasn't working and the guy took £20 for it. When I got it home I drilled the lock and found it was jammed with a foreign coin. I got about £20 in sixpences out of the cash box.

I'm not sure of age. I think it is 50s.

A good clean out and removal of foreign objects and everything now works. It even pays out a jackpot.
treefrog

Re: Bargain Bandit

Post by treefrog »

What a bargain, never seen this badge before as these are normally they are marked as the Lord Sega......looks like your £20 back in sixpences :D
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Anyone know the age? Looks angular 1960's to me.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Will be around mid-60's, there should be a seriel number and date sticker on the inside (unless removed) as with most Sega machines
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Wouldn't it be awesome if all machines, and all antiques for that matter came with a date stamp?! Look at the difference it makes with English silver having the hallmark system, that was pure genius and the guy who instigated that should be posthumously awarded every initial there is after his name!
raj

Post by raj »

I'm still pulling silver 6ds & 1shillings out of bandits, even after decades of operators and even today's collectors checking for riches hidden in the coin tubes...happy days never seem to end %|%
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I once found about 400 sixpences under a cash try of a Jubilee which had spent the last 20 years of its life in Paris taking Centimes, they must have been there when it shipped out to France and still there when it was shipped back, would make a nice little smuggling hidey hole .
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

still bargains to be had out there, all about being in the right place at the right time , and of course taking it away there and then . Even if its a large and heavy thing, leaving a deposit or even paying if full to come back and collect later on, BIG risk!
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Looks great, good find. I had an old trade article on the lord sega years back and it was dated 1965, I remember the year as it was the year of my birth. Would have thought that this would be about the same time, perhaps the 'royal' was the jackpot version of the 'lord sega' which ive only seen on 10 coin max payout?!?!? I too found a bundle of 6d's under the cash tray when I bought my first jubilee which was really handy being I only had about 10 at the time. Many of them were pre 1947 so silver content.