Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
treefrog

Re: BM Co. 'Fleet Air Arm'

Postby treefrog » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Apologies to revert to the original question, but would these have been during the war or before, as I had read on here that BMco did not survive after the war and were taken over by OW?

Apart from Melright's site, is there any historical reference to the history of the company and what seems a huge range of machines?

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Fri May 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Interesting, a few people have been concerned about the concentration of topics based on bandits on the site, but Allwin questions seem not to gain much interest in terms of responses, of course I swing both ways these days...... '!'

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Fri May 04, 2012 8:54 pm

:shock:

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Fri May 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Of course allwins and bandits that is......phew, hope that has cleared up that confusion :oops:

andydotp

Postby andydotp » Fri May 04, 2012 10:49 pm

You're right T-F, it is leaning towards bandits BUT others could redress the balance by making the effort....and posting!!

cheeky

Postby cheeky » Sun May 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Apologies to revert to the original question, but would these have been during the war or before, as I had read on here that BMco did not survive after the war and were taken over by OW?

Apart from Melright's site, is there any historical reference to the history of the company and what seems a huge range of machines?

A good question and like you, I would love to know the answer. Patience is a virtue and I want it now! !THUMBS!

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sun May 06, 2012 12:56 pm

I myself have never looked at this site as either allwins or slots just a great machine site, i dont see it matters which gets most threads :didact:

13rebel

Postby 13rebel » Sun May 06, 2012 2:09 pm

My understanding is not so much that O. Whales took over BMCo but that they bought a quantity of stock from BMCo around the time of its closure. Apart from M.Wright's site there is some information on BMCo in Paul Braithwait's book 'Arcades and slot machines' available from the library on this site-probably cheaper than elsewhere and a jolly good read.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Thought I would show the Fleet Air Arm in motion, a very brief video after discussing the same with fellow collectors at the Elephant Auction. That bell is a hell of a lot louder that the video suggests and boy with a metal back and lots of bare 240v around a little worrying. My machine has earth wires on every bit of metal, so should hopefully prevent an accident..It has also been suggested the yellow paint if probably original factory application, it is under everything, so doubt this was applied later.....

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:22 pm

What happened to the video Treefrog? I never saw it.