Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
classicgambler

Re: BM Co. Fleet Air Arm, Bomber Command, D-Day etc.

Postby classicgambler » Fri May 09, 2014 4:23 pm

here is my home made spitfire one
my home made ones.jpg

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Fri May 09, 2014 10:33 pm

pennymachines wrote:And here is the Fleet Air Arm which was previously painted yellow
At least the wood was good under all that paint...... Missing it already. :#: Still I am one of a minority that believes in keeping original finishes on machines as the years go on they will become rarer and rarer and genuinely believe will longer term become the more desirable... I suspect I will be proven wrong.... Nice job done though.

uslobsterman

Anyone seen this topflash? BMCo auto-pay, "Dawn Patrol"

Postby uslobsterman » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Topic merged - Site Admin.

First time post, but eager to participate.

I've had this for a long time. Only recently learned to call it an "Allwin".

Happy to have found similar/identical machine on YouTube and MelWright.

In other places, where there is a cast topflash present, it's called "Fleet Air Arm" (in fact, a replica is available in the spare parts page on this site).

However, this one has, what certainly seems to be original, a cast topflash that reads, "Dawn Patrol"
Apart from missing keys (are replacements for the original locks available?) and a damaged coin door, it's all in quite good shape. I believe it was battery powered originally and has since been converted to UK/ then US (110V) power. I'll shoot some interior shots for a later posting.

thanks for any comments, and I look forward to sharing more.

USLobsterman
dawnPatrol.JPG

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Anyone seen this topflash? BMCo auto-pay, "Dawn Patrol"

Postby pennymachines » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Hello Uslobsterman, and :WELCOME:
That is indeed a new one to me and brings the number of coin-pay variants to four. As you say, it appears otherwise identical to the Fleet Air Arm. How fortunate it's retained its top casting. I'll be interested to see inside. You say it may have been battery powered originally - that was my belief too, though I had little to support this idea than a notion that travelling arcades around WWII would have found the need for a mains power supply inconvenient.

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi USL, and a warm welcome to the best slot site (and busiest) on the web. I'm not an allwin man so the experts will be along soon I'm sure to drool over your machine which I think is quite rare with that art work, at least three other versions are known but the top flash it is certainly very rare. Any history on this particular machine? !!THUMBSX2!!

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:33 am

Hi USL and welcome to the most knowledgeable site for these sorts of machines in the universe, you will find a good deal of very interesting information disseminated over this site. A very nice looking British Manufacturing Co wall machine you have there.

No doubt our intrepid overseas reporter John T Peterson from the US will be along to add any further information that he has.

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:01 pm

I'm here and as intrepid as I can be but I have no specialized information to add on these fabulous BM Co. machines. Gameswat is more the expert here. And Mr. Pennymachines will link this discussion to the previous ones on this game and its several iterations.

So, just let me offer my welcome to a fellow Yank. Anyone who self-identifies as a Lobsterman has to be an excellent bloke.

J Peterson
Fellow mariner in America !!STEER!!

uslobsterman

Postby uslobsterman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Thanks all for the warm welcome. It's clear I'm going to enjoy it here.

Will post photos and comments re. my meager collection of other machines as time allows.

best from the frozen coast of Maine.

USL
USL.JPG

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:31 pm

This BMCo cigarette payout WINAFAG sold in Germany yesterday for a very reasonable £197. No UK bidders because they didn't offer shipping.
Anticomondo-23a.jpg

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:56 pm

I did have a mad moment in working out fuel and ferry costs, but it was only a brief mad moment :HaHa: