Wonders Flyover

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
widget2k4

Re: Wonders Flyover

Post by widget2k4 »

polaris

Post by polaris »

Cheers Keith, I had a look at the Honest Joe material - almost identical. Now for a couple of chrome parts. The majority came up really well.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

What exactly is it you need to replace?
polaris

Post by polaris »

Hi coppin, I'm looking to replace the plastic sheet covering the backflash. The original is not too good.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I'm sure the fact that Wonders used printed paper artwork with separate clear covering over the top is as largely responsible for the high values of all their machines. When you have a machine all apart, I figure - buy the best quality (whatever) you can, so it doesn't need to be redone for a long time. Thin poly-carbonate plastic sheet works perfectly, doesn't seem to shrink and hard to crack or scratch.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

... and the reasons for Bryans machines prices being so high? :!?!:
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I don't follow Bryans allwin prices at all so no idea how desirable they are? (not much of a Bryans fan :shock: ) And I've never owned or worked on any of his allwins so not sure if the plastic backflashes buckle like the Whales etc. do? But since they all seem to have the same generic art except for the Pilwin then not too hard for most people to get sorted themselves with minor work. But the Whales and other silkscreened artworks can be a big job. Well, except for those now available here on Penny Machines thanks to some of us! Just saw one of my restored artworks from here on an ebay machine today funnily enough. Placing new plastic sheet over a Wonders backflash is child's play in comparison.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Child's play seemed so much easier in my day! I think the desirability of Wonders machines may, and I stress may be because of their reliability from an operator's point of view. !!THUMBSX2!!
polaris

Post by polaris »

Hi gameswat,
With you all the way on buying the best possible - I would hate to put back together and beat myself up for not doing the best job possible. It's one of the main reasons I ask on the forum as there is a great wealth of knowledge here :) and always someone willing to lend a hand. I actually bought 0.75 mm poly carbonate sheet, but still feel it's a little too thick, so may I do a bit more searching. As regards prices of Wonders, reliability and good quality artwork would certainly come into it and I think the build quality of these compared to some other allwins is far superior. I had a bit of a result with the damaged payout cup on this machine. On taking it out, I noticed it's identical on the inside and cleaned up like new - made my day. @&@
Attachments
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

..... looks like a duck that's run into a revolving door.
polaris

Post by polaris »

:lol: I would love to be inside your head sometimes BP - your analogies have on several occasions made me laugh.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Only several?? I'll take a pass on the head tour, though, thank you very much. :mad:

J Peterson
Heading straight to America
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

badpenny wrote:..... looks like a duck that's run into a revolving door.
Hum........................never heard of a revolving door being located in a pond.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

badpenny wrote:looks like a duck that's run into a revolving door
Is that like throwing a budgie into the back of an electric fan? :!?!:
polaris

Post by polaris »

I finally started back on the Flyover after initially getting off to a great start only to be stopped in my tracks by an irate woman who reminded me that I had intended to decorate a bedroom, I think around 2011 :woops: and who had no intention of letting it go until it was done. I started putting the mech back together and instantly hit a problem which I am hoping is an easy fix, but just need some advice. As can be seen in the photo, when I received this machine the wires operating the payouts are bent out of shape and in the other pic cleaned and bent back into shape, but they will not do what they are intended for. Is it a case of trial and error, bending to suit, or are they perhaps not original to this machine, which may be why they are already pulled from the machine?
Attachments
P1030686a.jpg
P1030726a.jpg
P1030729a.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

The wires look too long perhaps. When the payout slide is in the closed position, there should be a small gap between the left (bent back) end of the wire and the end of the slot it sits in. In other words, the wires shouldn't obstruct the movement of the payout mechanism. Maybe just a matter of rearranging them or more bending? Take a look at the mech pictures in this thread.
Old metal coat-hangers are a reasonable substitute if you need to make new ones.
polaris

Post by polaris »

Thank you kindly Mr P.M - pictures are always helpful. I think I got to grips with it now. Now back together. Am I missing something or right in thinking the top wire serves no purpose, as when the ball enters the 6 payout it falls past the wire straight onto the first lever to start the payout sequence?
Attachments
P1030732a.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I think you're correct - the top wire is redundant. The only function I can see it performing is preventing a ball dropping through if the payout is held in the open position from a previous win.
polaris

Post by polaris »

Genius that is Mr P.M. :) I would never have thought of that ever. Almost done now - turned out really well.
Attachments
P1030737a.jpg
polaris

Post by polaris »

Finally finished with a little help from widget who has helped me out on occasion with a few problems. Very happy with this though. :D
Attachments
P1030746a.jpg
P1030751a.jpg