The Beatles and allwins

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
jingle

The Beatles and allwins

Post by jingle »

Found this on the back of a Beatles magazine
There racing go carts with some allwins in the back ground
Never seen it before
Don't know we're it is either
One for the archives
Attachments
image.jpg
treefrog

Re: The Beatles and allwins

Post by treefrog »

Am sure I have seen the picture before, but would never have noticed the machines, you have a hawk eye Jingles.

Looks like a Hawtins machine on the left and Beromat on the right, probably wrong though
fruitbowl

Re: The Beatles and allwins

Post by fruitbowl »

Yes I've happy memories of this place - it's Brean Sands near Weston-super-Mare. I had many holidays there as a kid. I used to go on those go-carts with my brother and sisters. It would be around 1964. I'd be aged 9. The guy in the shorts and no top was the operator. He informed us you should have been here last week - the Beatles were here apparently. They should have been going to Weston-super-Mare for a few days break but their fans got wind of it and choked the town, up so they gave it a miss and went to Brean instead.

Brean is where I had my first experience of penny slots. There were lots of individual caravan sites in Brean, each one had a shop and a cafe with a small area for allwins, Beromats and the like. I must have spent most of my holiday and money in these places, They were great days.