New machine New member

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
Ian

New machine New member

Post by Ian »

Hello All
I have just joined and heres a few pictures of a machine I picked up a few weeks ago. I have only cleaned the case with wire wool and gave it lots of bees wax polish to make the case look nice. Its got a ply backboard with Oliver Whales stamp on it but the machine looks alot older than the ply back? I was wondering is this maybe a old german allwin thats be updated or refurbed by Whales? It was not working when I got it as the ball would jam if you won.
I have now got it to work fine and I found all that was wrong was a bent arm. I have cleaned all the play area and cleaned all the workings and hope you like the finished item.

Ian
Attachments
IMG_1063.jpg
IMG_1063.jpg (48.23 KiB) Viewed 5503 times
IMG_1062.jpg
IMG_1062.jpg (43.09 KiB) Viewed 5503 times
IMG_1061.jpg
IMG_1061.jpg (40.99 KiB) Viewed 5503 times
IMG_1060.jpg
IMG_1060.jpg (45.27 KiB) Viewed 5503 times
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

you are right, this is a typical 1930s german machine ,probably by j&m, updated by olly whales in the 40/50s. it would have been a felt back and probably a token payout. still a nice machine
Ian

Post by Ian »

Thanks for the reply dave, I thought no one was talking to me. I have located some more old machines in a few showmens yards so going to have a look at them in the next few weeks. I restore old fairground rides and do alot of work on waltzers and the older type of kit so I am always popping in and out of yards so you never know whats coming next.
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

i was surprised nobody answered your question earlier, they are usually very quick and friendly on here. if you need any help in identifying anything else you can always email me direct, its in my profile, i have been collecting these for over 30 years! so am fairly knowledgable
Last edited by daveslot on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

Hi Ian, welcome along. Sorry, I just didn't know the answer to your question, but Dave is pretty much the definitive authority on Allwins and I knew he would be able to help, whereas I still have my figurative "L" plates on.... Nice machine!